Kinzie on the Rocks (inside Jewel-Osco)

Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. No non-grocery posts.
pseudo3d

Kinzie on the Rocks (inside Jewel-Osco)

Post by pseudo3d »

I must have missed this one (it's a few months old), but Albertsons seems to have gotten on the "in-store bars" like Kroger, with "Kinzie on the Rocks" in a store near Downtown Chicago. Beer, wine, and mixed drinks...not bad! Kroger has been a bit more proactive in adding these sorts of things to stores, but I like the idea of Albertsons doing the same. Wonder where else Albertsons might add these.

http://www.jewelosco.com/2015/12/kinzie ... s-plaines/
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Kinzie on the Rocks (inside Jewel-Osco)

Post by SamSpade »

The "Pearl District" Safeway location here in Portland, Ore. is having its deli seating area (the typical late 2000's Safeway 'flagship' upscale seating area with a fireplace and HD television, adjacent to deli / sushi / previous gelato bar) converted to something similar. They built a new wall between the main deli area and the soon-to-be bar. I forget what the name is going to be, but it is indeed going to be marketed with a name, not just as "the growler station at Safeway." I assume this might be headed to the Bellevue, Wash. location too.