Kroger- Downtown Indianapolis

Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Kroger- Downtown Indianapolis

Post by storewanderer »

This store is a former Marsh and it looks like a brand new store. It must have opened before Marsh went under?

The store has a current Kroger Fresh Fare decor and this is easily one of the nicest Kroger owned stores I've visited. The store has a huge produce department and a huge prepared foods operation. There is a large soup bar, large salad bar (6.49/lb), sandwich bar, usual fried chicken, large pizza bar with pizza by the slice, and a grill bar with burgers (5.99) and maybe other things too. The bakery was huge and also looked fantastic. I had lunch at the store and the food I purchased was excellent. There were many others there purchasing food at lunch as well from nearby offices. The meat and seafood areas also looked fantastic. Center store also looked good but nothing much different than normal there. I cannot stress enough how well executed the fresh departments were in this store. I was very, very impressed.

Was this a usual Marsh format? I assume most of this stuff came over from Marsh because the fixtures in the perimeter departments did not look like Kroger fixtures, though the decor was Kroger decor.