Kroger's new 145,000 square foot store in Cincinnati

Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. No non-grocery posts.
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Kroger's new 145,000 square foot store in Cincinnati

Post by arizonaguy »

I went into this store this morning and it is VERY impressive (it opened on Thursday). This is probably the best Marketplace store that I've been in for any of the Kroger divisions. It blows Phoenix's Fry's Signature Marketplace out of the water. What is interesting is that It is directly across the street from a Meijer, Target, Fresh Thyme, and Sam's Club.

Here's the article (if you click on it there's a link to photos) about this store: http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/n ... -soon.html

Take a tour of nation's largest Kroger opening soon in Cincinnati: PHOTOS
Sep 9, 2015, 1:56pm EDT

Erin Caproni Digital Producer Cincinnati Business Courier

The largest-ever Kroger store will open to the public in Greater Cincinnati on Thursday morning, but the Courier got an early look inside.

The Kroger Marketplace at Oakley Station will open its doors at 8 a.m. Thursday at 4613 Marburg Ave. The $28 million store is the largest the Cincinnati-based grocer (NYSE: KR) has ever built, at 145,000 square feet, and will create 375 jobs.

The store features murals from local artists, a bulk natural foods center, wine and growler bar, a Little Clinic and a pharmacy with two drive-thru lanes. There is also an area with apparel, a baby center and a kitchen department along with a sushi bar, Starbucks and Murray’s Cheese shop. There’s a separate entrance to a Bistro with grab-and-go foods along with freshly prepared items and a Fred Meyer Jewelers store.

Activities and special events are planned throughout the weekend to celebrate the store’s opening, including a gift card giveaway, visits from local celebrities, and beer and wine tastings.

Kroger’s Cincinnati/Dayton Division employs more than 20,000 associates at 110 supermarkets, warehouses and offices, including 15 Marketplace locations.

Oakley Station is a mixed-use development from Vandercar Holdings LLC and is owned by USS Realty LLC. The two companies recently announced a plan to bring a $13 million hotel to the site. The development will include 302 apartments, 400,000 square feet of office space and more than 200,000 square feet of retail space.
submariner
Founder of RetailWatchers.com

Re: Kroger's new 145,000 square foot store in Cincinnati

Post by submariner »

Interesting they're using the Fred Meyer-sourced interior package, though I suppose it makes more sense as a 'Marketplace" store instead of a traditional format grocery store, which all seem to be using the Ralphs-sourced package currently.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

They are using that Fred Meyer interior (I don't like the wall letter font at all) on Frys and Smiths Marketplace also. The thing that is great about Kroger is they seem to have picked up the "can't stop improving" culture of the old Fred Meyer.
submariner

Post by submariner »

storewanderer wrote:They are using that Fred Meyer interior (I don't like the wall letter font at all) on Frys and Smiths Marketplace also. The thing that is great about Kroger is they seem to have picked up the "can't stop improving" culture of the old Fred Meyer.
True. I actually enjoy shopping at Ralphs. The store by me has a really good product selection and it's always clean.

Sent from my iPad using Fingers