Raleys to buy 6 of 8 remaining Scolaris Stores

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Raleys to buy 6 of 8 remaining Scolaris Stores

Post by storewanderer » June 12th, 2018, 10:32 pm

Scolaris continues to operate two stores (very very old stores with no bakery/deli) and last week as they finished transferring the other stores to Raleys there were some changes to the two stores they continue to operate.

First, they started to run a 1 page (double sided) ad vs. the old 4 page ad. The ad had some very attractive meat and produce specials like nothing I've ever seen them do before, which got my attention. Upon visiting one of the stores, I observed the following:
1. All produce prices (regular and sale) decreased substantially; pricing looked like Sprouts produce pricing, if not a little lower.
2. Meat is no longer Harris Ranch, but still mostly USDA Choice (some of the ad meat was USDA Select, as has been their practice in the past sometimes)
3. All remaining "Sunnyside" Dairy items have been discontinued (they had already left Sunnyside for fluid milk about 10 years ago but still used them for some other things like ice cream, yogurt, whip cream, etc.).
4. They were stocking center store and it seemed stocked better than this particular location had been stocked in the recent past
5. They seem to have more sales/promotions in center store again (previously these two unsold stores had hardly any promotion beyond the weekly ad)

I went looking for their new ad tonight and I see their website is gone. They updated their Facebook to delete the old website link. I guess they decided no more website for just two locations. The website was how I saw their ad, so bummer for me.

storewanderer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Raleys to buy 6 of 8 remaining Scolaris Stores

Post by storewanderer » June 14th, 2018, 10:57 pm

Another update: pharmacy in the Sparks Scolaris is closing June 20. Files transfer to Raleys down the street. Maybe this had something to do with the sale of the other six stores. Or it did not make sense for them to operate a single pharmacy.

Sparks Scolaris also has been without a roadside sign for a month but they now have a banner out by the road stating that they are open and a new sign is under construction.