Bashas' oldest remaining store to close

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. No non-grocery posts.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Bashas' oldest remaining store to close

Post by rwsandiego »

storewanderer wrote: February 13th, 2018, 9:39 pm I don't think Gelson's would make it in Arizona with its pricing.

Most markets don't really have an upscale operator... AJ's is a bit of an oddball. I also don't think those AJ's Stores are particularly high volume outside their meat, bakery, deli, and prepared foods/coffee areas.

I'm not sure I'd agree that Bashas is thriving either. They seem to be surviving...
My observation is for their size they do decent volumes. AJ's center store is where you will find outrageously priced conventional groceries, rare finds, and upscale pre-packaged foods that are high priced but of better quality than a conventional supermarket brand.

@arizonaguy, not sure where in Phoenix you live but in downtown Phoenix my choice is the McDowell Safeway, unless I want to drive a ways. The closest Bashas' is at 7th Street and Missouri, so I only shop there when I am out and about up there.

Can't wait for that Fry's to open downtown!
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

Sprouts will be the grocer in the new apartment/retail complex that has replaced Bashas’
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by arizonaguy »

jamcool wrote: March 16th, 2018, 7:55 am Sprouts will be the grocer in the new apartment/retail complex that has replaced Bashas’
That's a good location for a Sprouts.

Sprouts has taken over a number of former Bashas' locations throughout the area.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

arizonaguy wrote: March 16th, 2018, 8:28 am
jamcool wrote: March 16th, 2018, 7:55 am Sprouts will be the grocer in the new apartment/retail complex that has replaced Bashas’
That's a good location for a Sprouts.

Sprouts has taken over a number of former Bashas' locations throughout the area.
Yeah, it is great for me, as the "closest" Sprouts is located at 28th street and Indian School. I don't even pass there on the way home from work.