Albertsons Pahrump, NV

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Albertsons Pahrump, NV

Post by SamSpade »

Sparked by another thread. Really a lot of grocery competition right here - Smith's nearby, Walmart supercenter (with Wetzel's Pretzels!), and then Albertsons.

It looks like maybe this store did get a remodel -
Google photo from January 2016 suggest the old Lucky interior as mentioned on the Albertsons-Safeway 2017 Openings/Closures thread, but then there is an exterior photo from November 2016 using the latest Starbucks siren logo. I am thinking the interior may have received an LLC refresh?
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Alber ... 934397,13z
storewanderer

Re: Albertsons Pahrump, NV

Post by storewanderer »

The Albertsons sign on the exterior looks badly faded and the old red Lucky Bakery Deli Seafood signs are still up, too. The only street view I can pull is July 2016 on Google and it still has the old Starbucks logo so maybe something happened here very recently.

The Starbucks licensed kiosk inside the store is the only Starbucks in Pahrump.

Funny that Starbucks opened corporate stores in Elko and Fernley, NV but not in Pahrump for some reason. Maybe since Elko and Fernley are along the Interstate and Pahrump isn't.
kr.abs.swy
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Post by kr.abs.swy »

I was in that store in January 2016. It still had the Lucky interior at that time. I visited quite a few Albertsons stores in 2015 and 2016 and it was the only one I saw that still had the Lucky interior.

I made some kind of comment about how the store felt old to the checker. She said that they were the hand-me-down store that always got used equipment from the Las Vegas stores.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

It is funny the store survived all these years, I think it opened as Lucky in 1998. If I recall correctly, the Wal Mart opened soon after it did and this store never really had a great chance... but it obviously does good enough to be kept open all these years...

I think the Smiths dates back to the mid 1990's.

Albertsons LLC Southwest division ended up inheriting quite a few Lucky interiors between the Albuquerque Stores and the Las Vegas Stores but I think the past couple years they worked pretty hard to either remodel or close the stores with the Lucky interior.