New Albertsons and Safeway Arizona interior decor

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. No non-grocery posts.
architect
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: New Albertsons and Safeway Arizona interior decor

Post by architect »

Super S wrote: January 12th, 2018, 9:53 pm
rwsandiego wrote: January 12th, 2018, 9:25 pm The Safeway at Glendale and 7th Street is getting the Colorful Lifestyle package. It had Lifestyle 1.0. The checker told me that they started on January 2. I don't shop here very often, so I had no idea they were re-decorating. Produce, Meat, and Pharmacy had been painted and signs were up, but the graphics and molding weren't up yet. The angled portion of Floral was taken down to the studs, as you can see below. My other photos did not turn out very well, but I'll go back on Monday and take some more. Not sure what they are doing with the floor. They were lifting tile when I was there and some of the aisles looked to have a polished terrazzo-looking floor. I'll be sure to snap some photos of the floor when I go there next time.

I am hoping Osborn and 7th Avenue is next. It is one of the stores I shop frequently and still has Lifestyle 1.0.

Hopefully they do something about that lighting, especially above the registers. That looks really bad with the fluorescent strip running right in between the recessed fixtures, not to mention the rows in the distance with no reflectors/covers.
I highly doubt they will, as similar reflector-less lighting has been installed across the Texas stores, Denver and Vegas. In some cases, these new fixtures have even been installed directly over existing fixtures. My hope long term is that this tacky lighting is just a holdover until they begin upgrading stores to LED's. Many big-box chains are beginning to replace their existing lighting on a wide scale, including both Kroger and Target. Surely Albertsons can't be far behind.
Super S

Post by Super S »

architect wrote: January 13th, 2018, 3:39 pm
I highly doubt they will, as similar reflector-less lighting has been installed across the Texas stores, Denver and Vegas. In some cases, these new fixtures have even been installed directly over existing fixtures. My hope long term is that this tacky lighting is just a holdover until they begin upgrading stores to LED's. Many big-box chains are beginning to replace their existing lighting on a wide scale, including both Kroger and Target. Surely Albertsons can't be far behind.
Past remodels have been more thorough though, and at least some effort was made to keep things uniform in appearance. But I'll take added lighting over those years that Albertsons (particularly the Supervalu stores) had half of the tubes removed...
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

Super S wrote: January 13th, 2018, 7:21 pm
architect wrote: January 13th, 2018, 3:39 pm
Past remodels have been more thorough though, and at least some effort was made to keep things uniform in appearance. But I'll take added lighting over those years that Albertsons (particularly the Supervalu stores) had half of the tubes removed...
Yeah, there was a time in the early 2000s when Albertsons straight-up turned off half the stores' lights. Looking back at the decisions that led to the meltdown of the entire company, I'm surprised that circumstances worked out that they never filed for bankruptcy despite the damage to the brand and the loss of stores.