Homeland now in Justin, TX

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Homeland now in Justin, TX

Post by storewanderer »

I see Homeland now has a store under that banner in Justin, TX. Previously the store operated as Super Save or some other name, I guess HAC has owned it for a while but did some sort of remodel/rebranding of this location late last year and rebranded it.

I am curious of this. I believe this would be the first time the Homeland name has been used in Texas since one of the bankruptcies. Justin is on the fringe of DFW to the point that it could be a stretch to call it a suburb.
storewanderer

Re: Homeland now in Justin, TX

Post by storewanderer »

Revisiting this it seems Homeland is still running this store in Justin under the Homeland Banner. Looking at the interior which was obviously remodeled with the name change to Homeland this interior looks nothing like Homeland's remodels in Oklahoma look. Very cheap and low effort.

Then they have a second store in Sanger operating as "Super Save Foods" (looks like a former Safeway, man does it look awful inside, ugly floor which is obviously original, beat up looking old refrigeration; had no idea Safeway ever built such terrible looking stores).

It appears stores in Weatherford (appears this was a former Kroger... closed as Super Save in 2017 and now a farm store) and River Oaks (looks like another old Safeway) which operated under the name "Super Save Foods" closed.

Not sure how much sense it makes for Homeland to operate two remote stores near Dallas one of which under a one off banner.