Market Street concept to Santa Fe, NM

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Market Street concept to Santa Fe, NM

Post by storewanderer »

One of the Albertsons in Santa Fe, NM is converting to Market Street. These stores are already run by United Division so this should be a fairly seamless conversion. Santa Fe seems like it would be a good place for this concept. It will be interesting to see how well they can execute it.
dcpeachy
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Re: Market Street concept to Santa Fe, NM

Post by dcpeachy »

That Albertsons is located in DeVargas Center, the mall that is nearest the plaza in Santa Fe. The mall is combination of enclosed and outdoor-only access. The center also has a Sprouts, CVS, Office Depot, and Ross, along with local and upscale shops (i.e. very fancy kitchen store, designer dog boutique, luxury bedding). The area it serves as a whole is older, developed, and a mix of very expensive homes and modest homes that people have owned for decades.
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by arizonaguy »

dcpeachy wrote: June 27th, 2018, 5:04 pm That Albertsons is located in DeVargas Center, the mall that is nearest the plaza in Santa Fe. The mall is combination of enclosed and outdoor-only access. The center also has a Sprouts, CVS, Office Depot, and Ross, along with local and upscale shops (i.e. very fancy kitchen store, designer dog boutique, luxury bedding). The area it serves as a whole is older, developed, and a mix of very expensive homes and modest homes that people have owned for decades.
Coincidentally that was the 1st Albertsons store I've ever been into.
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

From doing some research, it opened in 2002 after tearing down the old (attached to the mall proper) Montgomery Ward. It has an abandoned Lawn & Garden department. I expect that Market Street will probably enclose this as part of the store or turn it into outdoor seating for a cafe. I don't know, though as the May 2016 Street View certainly shows that they were selling a lot of plants out front for the season...