Lazy Acres

California. No non-grocery posts.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Lazy Acres

Post by rwsandiego »

storewanderer wrote: October 30th, 2017, 10:04 pm Did they expand this store? It felt so small as an Albertsons...

Looks a lot larger and more spacious now.
I will let you know when I visit San Diego for Thanksgiving. My guess is they didn't, as there really wasn't any room to expand. Were the store on the other end of the shopping center, they could have built out. The only way they could expand is if one of the other stores closed.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »

storewanderer wrote: October 30th, 2017, 10:04 pm Did they expand this store? It felt so small as an Albertsons...

Looks a lot larger and more spacious now.
No. Just gutted it.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Must have recovered a good bit of space by taking out backroom space.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »

5 minute video inside and outside the store
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

storewanderer wrote: November 2nd, 2017, 9:48 pm Must have recovered a good bit of space by taking out backroom space.
I visited the Mission Hillcrest Lazy Acres today and can tell you they did not recover space from the back room. The store is as deep and wide as it was under Haggen, Albertsons, and Lucky. In fact, the bakery/deli, dairy, and seafood/meat departments are in the same places they were under the previous three occupants. What used to be produce is now prepared foods/salad bar and some specialty dry grocery (jams and crackers). Produce now occupies the aisle two over from where it was previously. I think the pictures simply make it appear bigger.