Pavilions Sherman Oaks Redevlopment

California. No non-grocery posts.
Bluelightspecial
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk

Re: Pavilions Sherman Oaks Redevlopment

Post by Bluelightspecial »

Looks like construction has started on the replacement Pavilions. The other building on the site has be demolished and the checker told me they start the close down sale of the old store January 9th and it will be torn down in February. It will be interesting to see if they make this look like the Irvine Pavilions. I found what looks like a rendering on the city's planning web site.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
trainman
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Post by trainman »

Bluelightspecial wrote: January 4th, 2018, 11:48 am Looks like construction has started on the replacement Pavilions. The other building on the site has be demolished and the checker told me they start the close down sale of the old store January 9th and it will be torn down in February.
Demolition of the Pavilions building appears to have finally started this week (circa August 20).
klkla

Post by klkla »

trainman wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 3:26 pmDemolition of the Pavilions building appears to have finally started this week (circa August 20).
I wonder why it took so long? Seems strange they would let the store sit empty for eight months.
trainman
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Post by trainman »

klkla wrote: August 24th, 2018, 11:05 am I wonder why it took so long? Seems strange they would let the store sit empty for eight months.
*shrug* I started a new job in February, and Waze often takes me by this store on my evening commute -- it was a big shock to finally see some work being done after 6 months of no action.