New Pavilions - Irvine

California. No non-grocery posts.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

New Pavilions - Irvine

Post by ClownLoach »

The Pavilions at Orchard Hill in Irvine (on Portola Pkwy) closed in the Haggen debacle and hasn't been occupied since. Well very quietly they've reacquired the site and the store is reopening this coming Wednesday. First "new" Pavilions I've seen open in quite some time...

When this store originally opened the surrounding area hadn't established itself yet and I'm sure they were happy to unload on Haggen. But with all the new homes that are there now this should be a good store for them when it reopens...
klkla

Re: New Pavilions - Irvine

Post by klkla »

It's only been a year and a half since Haggen closed. I'm surprised they built that many new homes in the area since then.
storewanderer

Re: New Pavilions - Irvine

Post by storewanderer »

Hopefully they will operate the store better this time around. That store seemed to have poor reviews as Pavilions and of course even more poor as Haggen.

The placement of the store so far from the intersection did not make it greatly accessible for all cars at the intersection. It was also not "on the way home side of the road" for a lot of cars. I think it is on the wrong corner.