First Pavilions in San Diego County

California. No non-grocery posts.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: First Pavilions in San Diego County

Post by ClownLoach »

Laguna Niguel Vons was converted to Pavilions and the remodel finished in late April, beating this Carmel Valley location. Unlike the first few remodels to the new "World of Difference" decor the new ones all center around adding a Wine Bar, taking a page from all the fully remodeled Gelsons since their first bar in Long Beach opened. I suspect La Costa will be next to go to Pavilions format, being a newer store that already has the concrete floors and newer fixtures, they've been working on some lighting changes already and already got the tasting permit. I believe if they can't get a wine bar set up they won't convert to Pavilions at this point.
klkla

Post by klkla »

ClownLoach wrote: July 6th, 2018, 12:13 am Laguna Niguel Vons was converted to Pavilions and the remodel finished in late April, beating this Carmel Valley location. Unlike the first few remodels to the new "World of Difference" decor the new ones all center around adding a Wine Bar, taking a page from all the fully remodeled Gelsons since their first bar in Long Beach opened. I suspect La Costa will be next to go to Pavilions format, being a newer store that already has the concrete floors and newer fixtures, they've been working on some lighting changes already and already got the tasting permit. I believe if they can't get a wine bar set up they won't convert to Pavilions at this point.
In that Laguna Niguel store it looks like they removed the previous lifestyle lighting entirely and replaced them with exposed tube lights. If that wasn't bad enough they ripped up the floor tiles and went with polished cement. It looks awful.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

klkla wrote: July 6th, 2018, 12:38 pm
ClownLoach wrote: July 6th, 2018, 12:13 am Laguna Niguel Vons was converted to Pavilions and the remodel finished in late April, beating this Carmel Valley location. Unlike the first few remodels to the new "World of Difference" decor the new ones all center around adding a Wine Bar, taking a page from all the fully remodeled Gelsons since their first bar in Long Beach opened. I suspect La Costa will be next to go to Pavilions format, being a newer store that already has the concrete floors and newer fixtures, they've been working on some lighting changes already and already got the tasting permit. I believe if they can't get a wine bar set up they won't convert to Pavilions at this point.
In that Laguna Niguel store it looks like they removed the previous lifestyle lighting entirely and replaced them with exposed tube lights. If that wasn't bad enough they ripped up the floor tiles and went with polished cement. It looks awful.
I looked at photos of the remodeled Pavilions in Laguna Niguel and it looks terrible. The walls look quite great but the lighting and flooring ruins it. I actually think if they had gone with a lighter colored floor they may have been able to get away with the cheap lighting they used... but the combination of vomit dark floor with glue marks from the old tiles combined with those lights is just horrible.

I hope they reverse course and get these interiors right. They really need to get these interiors right... given their debt situation it is very important when they spend money, the ROI comes.