Albertsons & Vons Combo Ads in SoCal

California. No non-grocery posts.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Albertsons & Vons Combo Ads in SoCal

Post by CalItalian »

Surprised nobody has mentioned that the two chains now have one combined ad in Southern California since the first of the month. Although Pavilions still has a separate ad, they adopted Albertsons Fab 5 sales (as Vons now has), also.
J-Man
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Re: Albertsons & Vons Combo Ads in SoCal

Post by J-Man »

I mentioned it in the "Integration of Albertsons and Safeway" thread a few weeks ago.
J-Man wrote: July 22nd, 2018, 7:03 am For the past two weeks, I've gotten a combined Albertsons/Vons ad, with the notation "Club Card not needed in Albertsons stores." So I guess they've finally combined forces and will have identical promotions from now on. "Score 4" has been eliminated and they're both using "Fab 5."

I note that there must still be a separate Pavilions ad (even though in the past they've shared an ad with Vons), but since the two Pavilions in my area were converted to Vons, I don't get one anymore.
Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Albertsons & Vons Combo Ads in SoCal

Post by Bagels »

I live near the Irvine distribution center and have noticed an increase in the number of trucks coming in and going out wearing an Albertsons livery; I rarely see a Vons’ these days. I’m pondering if this is how the ticks are dispatched, or if the Vons’ trucks are being repainted into an Albertsons’s livery?

One would think they’d be repainted into a joint Vons/Albertsons livery, since it seems unlikely they’ll consolidate to a single brand — too much money, and Vons is more known/successful in LA County whereas Albertsons is the opposite in Orange County.