Pavilions Sherman Oaks New Build Plans

California. No non-grocery posts.
klkla

Re: Pavilions Sherman Oaks New Build Plans

Post by klkla »

Bluelightspecial wrote: September 9th, 2020, 4:11 pm Looks like all construction is done and they will open very soon. I'm not a big fan of the look of the exterior, but what you can see from street of the inside, it looks nice.
Pavilions.png
Interesting. Looks like they're using split aisles. I don't think I've seen that in an Albertsons or Safeway before. No indication outside of an opening date?
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

klkla wrote: September 9th, 2020, 5:00 pm

Interesting. Looks like they're using split aisles. I don't think I've seen that in an Albertsons or Safeway before. No indication outside of an opening date?
Albertsons used split aisles in the late 80's and early 90's. Which seems to be the store layout pattern they are following these days.

I'm not sure I've ever seen split aisles in a Safeway...

I don't like the ceiling in this new store at all. How much did they spend on this store? It sure didn't go into the decor or floor/ceiling... is there rooftop parking? Or something else above it?
klkla

Post by klkla »

storewanderer wrote: September 9th, 2020, 7:25 pm

Albertsons used split aisles in the late 80's and early 90's. Which seems to be the store layout pattern they are following these days.

I don't like the ceiling in this new store at all. How much did they spend on this store? It sure didn't go into the decor or floor/ceiling... is there rooftop parking? Or something else above it?
No. The parking is behind and below the building.
Bluelightspecial
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk

Post by Bluelightspecial »

According to the Pavilions FB page it opens next Wednesday 9/16.
Bluelightspecial
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk

storewanderer wrote: September 9th, 2020, 7:25 pm

Well Storewanderer....before you bestow us with your final judgement....a couple facts found from the Los Angeles building department website. The original plans were approved by L.A. City Planing prior to Albertson's merging (buying) Safeway. The dimensions of the store were limited by the building codes when Safeway/Vons submitted plans in 2010. Albertsons submitted a plan revisions to make changes to the layout in 2017...If they didn't they would have needed to start from scratch.
Bluelightspecial
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk

Bluelightspecial wrote: September 9th, 2020, 4:11 pm Looks like all construction is done and they will open very soon. I'm not a big fan of the look of the exterior, but what you can see from street of the inside, it looks nice.
Pavilions.png
There was no posting on the storefront, but the security guard said it was opening some time next week. He didn't say what day.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Bluelightspecial wrote: September 9th, 2020, 10:48 pm Well Storewanderer....before you bestow us with your final judgement....a couple facts found from the Los Angeles building department website. The original plans were approved by L.A. City Planing prior to Albertson's merging (buying) Safeway. The dimensions of the store were limited by the building codes when Safeway/Vons submitted plans in 2010. Albertsons submitted a plan revisions to make changes to the layout in 2017...If they didn't they would have needed to start from scratch.
I don't think I commented on the dimensions of the store other than to note that split aisles historically have been an Albertsons thing- not a Safeway thing. I am sure there is a Safeway somewhere with split aisles across the whole store, but I've never seen it. Some Safeways have 3 split aisles in drug/HBA... I actually like split aisles as stores I frequently shop in have them; Raleys stores built from the 80's to the 00's have them pretty much universally and I find it is easier to move through the store and find items with that layout. More labor intensive to keep all the endcaps merchandised though. I commented on the flooring and ceilings which could use something more.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

Pavilions in W. Hollywood has irregular spilt aisles.

Was this latest remodel done under Safeway/Vons or Albertsons/Safeway/Vons????
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »

veteran+ wrote: September 10th, 2020, 7:06 am Pavilions in W. Hollywood has irregular spilt aisles.

Was this latest remodel done under Safeway/Vons or Albertsons/Safeway/Vons????
The last remodel was completed last year.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »

Grand opening is Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 9 am.