Ralphs and Food 4 Less Closing in Long Beach over $4 per hour additional required "Hero Pay"

California. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Ralphs and Food 4 Less Closing in Long Beach over $4 per hour additional required "Hero Pay"

Post by storewanderer »

Bagels wrote: February 15th, 2021, 1:13 am Shockingly, Irvine just matched Long Beach. Will be interesting to see if Kroger threatens to close one or more of its locations...
Regardless of political leanings this is going to happen in more and more cities. At this point the grocers should just implement it market wide in the CA region or at least across sub-regions like Los Angeles/Orange/San Diego. After all, they like to use government orders so they can have "uniform policies" across all stores right? Same reason they went along with the .10 bag fee and ban on thin plastic bags. Oh... that is only when there is a profit motive...
storewanderer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Ralphs and Food 4 Less Closing in Long Beach over $4 per hour additional required "Hero Pay"

Post by storewanderer »

Kroger actually filed 3 WARN Notices in Long Beach:

Food 4 Less - 62 employees "Layoff Permanent"
Ralphs - 94 employees "Layoff Permanent"
Food 4 Less - 156 employees "Layoff Type Unknown"

I wonder what the 156 employees one is for?
Is there an office or some kind of warehouse/plant?
HCal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HCal »

storewanderer wrote: February 26th, 2021, 7:21 pm Kroger actually filed 3 WARN Notices in Long Beach:

Now I'm curious too. I don't think Kroger has any office or manufacturing facilities in Long Beach. Maybe they refer to the same store but 62 employees will be laid off and 156 will be reassigned to other locations?
storewanderer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by storewanderer »

HCal wrote: February 27th, 2021, 3:43 pm
storewanderer wrote: February 26th, 2021, 7:21 pm Kroger actually filed 3 WARN Notices in Long Beach:

Now I'm curious too. I don't think Kroger has any office or manufacturing facilities in Long Beach. Maybe they refer to the same store but 62 employees will be laid off and 156 will be reassigned to other locations?
Did not really make this observation before but 62+94=156. Too bad we can't see the whole detail of the notices.

Odd 156 gets listed under Food 4 Less...