Gateway Fred Meyer security issues

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
Super S

Re: Gateway Fred Meyer security issues

Post by Super S »

mbz321 wrote:My local Walmart has recently small cameras/TV screens in their HBA aisles that turn on (and presumably start recording) when triggered. This is also one of the only Walmart stores I know that doesn't have self-checkouts.
The Gateway Fred Meyer has a few of these just outside the fitting rooms, monitoring fitting room entrances.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by SamSpade »

Apparel is not fully walled off, but valuable name-branded items have been locked up in cabinets or to the rack at the Fred Meyer Hollywood (sometimes still called Hollywood-West) store in northeast Portland near NE Broadway. There are also ink tags on other items. Clerks that work the home/hardware door told me once that a ton of "shrink" went out that door. One time a few years ago when I was there, the register clerk chased out the entrance as I was arriving after some people. The thieves jumped into Cadillac Escalade and were out of there almost before I could blink. I think they had Nike footwear. The store implemented enter-only gates at the doorway after the remodel some years back but apparently thieves are so emboldened they will grab and dash by the registers anyway. Overall, this is actually a pretty upscale/nice part of Portland but apparently thieves figured out the "C" door was a good way to grab and dash.
Locked Carhartt jeans
ALL Levis Jeans Locked in Cases
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I wonder how many jeans are selling out of those locked cases...

There has got to be a better solution... but what? I would not tolerate this sort of thing as a shopper. I would buy elsewhere, order online, or something.