Lucky/SuperSaver Utah

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Lucky/SuperSaver Utah

Post by SamSpade »

flyinpenguin wrote: October 29th, 2017, 9:56 am The Utah Supersaver's are closed from October 29th-31 in order to complete finally remodel to Lucky. Will grand re-open on November 1.
That explains the ads starting on Wednesday. For some reason I thought our creative started today.
marshd1000
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by marshd1000 »

Here is a link to the grand opening for the new Utah Lucky stores!

http://luckylowprices.mywebgrocer.com/C ... c=7760B171
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

You just can't beat the photos of the store interiors on the website. They kept the Food 4 Less yellow shelving/racks and checkstands. Still looks like Food 4 Less to me. I was just in a Food 4 Less three days ago so the atmosphere is very fresh in my mind.

I don't really understand the point of rebranding the Super Savers to this. Unless they are planning a wider scale roll out of a discount format under the Lucky name. But isn't that basically the same thing as Super Saver was? The same thing that Albertsons LLC promptly closed up when they took over the poorly performing divisions? If it didn't work then, why will it work now?

At least they are trying something with better pricing... based on the ad, I would shop there. But I would have shopped Super Saver too...