Safeway Drive Up and Go Coming?

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Safeway Drive Up and Go Coming?

Post by SamSpade »

http://driveupandgo.safeway.com/
I'm not sure if the Cedar Mill ("Portland" zip 97229) store is a test as I haven't seen this going on anywhere else. One of the cart corrals inside the entrance near floral appears to be in the process of converting into a storage area similar to that which Kroger company stores are using (Here, only Fred Meyer, not QFC locations) for Click List.

The parking lot signs are up but there is no indication anywhere that I could see for this other than a job posting for more personal shoppers.

Safeway (and Albertsons) here have been the available grocery to home delivery option for many years.
pseudo3d

Re: Safeway Drive Up and Go Coming?

Post by pseudo3d »

All the local grocery stores near me (including Walmart) have started the "curbside grocery" delivery. I personally hate it because they block off parking spaces in what is already a pretty crowded parking lot. I'd kill for a Safeway/Albertsons in town if only to provide me with a supermarket that isn't consistently packed.
architect
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by architect »

SamSpade wrote: November 15th, 2017, 11:35 pm http://driveupandgo.safeway.com/
I'm not sure if the Cedar Mill ("Portland" zip 97229) store is a test as I haven't seen this going on anywhere else. One of the cart corrals inside the entrance near floral appears to be in the process of converting into a storage area similar to that which Kroger company stores are using (Here, only Fred Meyer, not QFC locations) for Click List.

The parking lot signs are up but there is no indication anywhere that I could see for this other than a job posting for more personal shoppers.

Safeway (and Albertsons) here have been the available grocery to home delivery option for many years.
This service actually went live recently at two Tom Thumb locations in Garland and Richardson. It seems very similar to Kroger's Clicklist, but has received literally no advertising. The Garland store has actually offered the service for several months, but I have yet to see it actually used (there seems to be a large elderly population which frequents this particular store, which would make an ideal test demographic to boot).
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

architect wrote: November 16th, 2017, 8:00 pm This service actually went live recently at two Tom Thumb locations in Garland and Richardson. It seems very similar to Kroger's Clicklist, but has received literally no advertising. The Garland store has actually offered the service for several months, but I have yet to see it actually used (there seems to be a large elderly population which frequents this particular store, which would make an ideal test demographic to boot).
Might just depend on the people in that area - some older people are quite into things online, while others want nothing to do with it, which if there are many in that category could limit usage at that location.