Albertsons announces "Market Street Idaho"

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
Super S

Re: Albertsons announces "Market Street Idaho"

Post by Super S »

pseudo3d wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 7:23 pm
Super S wrote: April 20th, 2018, 12:00 pm Looks like the Broadway store will end up keeping the Albertsons name after all:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/busi ... 29409.html
They say it will be an Albertsons partially to local heritage but I also think that they want to focus the MSI concept to the 100k square foot store and see how that works before they do any expansion or alteration of the concept.
I think this is the right idea. Leave the new concept for the new location, and keep the existing name where an established store has been operating for years so those customers aren't alienated.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by SamSpade »

The Broadway store is now open. Décor resembles something more like Market Street without the Texas touch and the food area has
… seating for 200, customers can also order food tableside. The space includes several TV monitors and roll-up doors that let the air in when it’s nice outside, along with an outside deck that looks north toward Albertsons Stadium on the Boise State University campus.
Sounds a little bit like HyVee stores with full Market Grills.

Read more here: Idaho Statesman article

In their video, I noticed that Dragonfruit / pitaya is $1 more than in Albertsons or Safeway stores in Portland division. I guess that goes with the "premium" mention in the article. :|

The bakery and hot food options are definitely a step up from most of the Albertsons Co's. stores, including from-scratch bread.

The plated kits are priced at $18.98, a few dollars higher than the Kroger Prep+Pared kits.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

SamSpade wrote: July 21st, 2018, 5:23 pm The Broadway store is now open. Décor resembles something more like Market Street without the Texas touch and the food area has
… seating for 200, customers can also order food tableside. The space includes several TV monitors and roll-up doors that let the air in when it’s nice outside, along with an outside deck that looks north toward Albertsons Stadium on the Boise State University campus.
Sounds a little bit like HyVee stores with full Market Grills.

Read more here: Idaho Statesman article

In their video, I noticed that Dragonfruit / pitaya is $1 more than in Albertsons or Safeway stores in Portland division. I guess that goes with the "premium" mention in the article. :|

The bakery and hot food options are definitely a step up from most of the Albertsons Co's. stores, including from-scratch bread.

The plated kits are priced at $18.98, a few dollars higher than the Kroger Prep+Pared kits.
Safeway's french bread (sourdough, dutch crunch, etc.) and rolls are all from scratch.
marshd1000
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by marshd1000 »

I was in the Flagship Albertsons on Broadway in Boise a week ago. I have never been to a Market Street in Texas, so I can’t comment on the decor. But the layout of the store reminds me of a Haggen! I did experience some of the food servic offerings. I had a Starbucks Cold Brew at the most complete licensed supermarket Starbucks that I have seen! I also had some great made to order stif fry! As you can see, they also serve burgers here!
Attachments
D9772806-0A95-4EA6-85E8-17EDE5C2B122.jpeg
FBC35BE3-3D9D-4CB0-8E0A-79AEFEBE0FE0.jpeg
7ACBE646-60A0-4C76-8821-136DD36A70EE.jpeg
782CC43E-AA7A-4C51-98D9-24E976629BF9.jpeg
6FDBDF00-600E-48FC-9722-620D6D8505D1.jpeg
8102EF29-B760-40CF-978F-7864D6E3621E.jpeg
90802A29-6850-4F71-AA25-2CB29F865B23.jpeg
5DB55B5A-E11D-4FDE-ADF0-4FA6667A95CE.jpeg
marshd1000
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by marshd1000 »

More from the Boise Flagship Albertsons! This is Broadway On The Rocks!
Attachments
934D992E-DF66-46D2-8ACE-6D0FF4D6FEED.jpeg
marshd1000
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by marshd1000 »

It looks like the Meridian Market Street Idaho location will be opened as Albertsons Market Street. I wonder if they will eventually do the same to the store on Broadway?

https://boisedev.com/news/2018/11/04/al ... -meridian/
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

marshd1000 wrote: November 14th, 2018, 4:32 pm It looks like the Meridian Market Street Idaho location will be opened as Albertsons Market Street. I wonder if they will eventually do the same to the store on Broadway?

https://boisedev.com/news/2018/11/04/al ... -meridian/
This is probably the first time (if you don't count Osco or Sav-on being attached to the end of the name) that Albertsons has had an "extra" name that wasn't due to different ownership ("Albertsons Market"), whereas other stores have done it for years (____ Marketplace, Signature, Plus, etc.). I guess they put the Albertsons name back on for recognition, but the question is if they would ever expand the "Market Street" to other markets beyond Idaho (or Texas, obviously). Would we ever see "ACME Market Street", for instance?
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by SamSpade »

The Meridian store's opening has been pushed back slightly, apparently after observing consumer behavior at the Boise store.

The hiring fair will be in early January. Positions being hired sound a lot like the staffing mix encountered at a Texas Market Street store.
Albertsons Market Street prepares for spring opening
Super S

Post by Super S »

The new Meridian store has opened as "Albertsons Market Street"

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/bus ... 09309.html

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, and if we will see more large stores like this.
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

Super S wrote: March 8th, 2019, 1:47 pm The new Meridian store has opened as "Albertsons Market Street"

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/bus ... 09309.html

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, and if we will see more large stores like this.
Definitely looks like the fanciest, largest, and generally best store in the chain (a West Coast Wegmans?) but with so many of their stores and divisions having some...uneven execution, to be polite, I do wonder how long that store will last with that sort of thing.