Main and Vine-derived decor coming to QFC

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
nwretail
Cart Collector
Cart Collector

Main and Vine-derived decor coming to QFC

Post by nwretail »

I was poking around online the other day, and ended up finding plans for the new Kirkland QFC. (Archive links for when that goes offline.)

Interestingly, the decor that the plans show for the new store, called "Urban Mix", is clearly based on the decor from Main and Vine, rather than being one of the decor packages currently used by QFC/Fred Meyer. Digging a little further, I found a design student's website talking about the "new" decor, which looks to be heading to Ralph's as well.

According to the design student's website, this decor "would be going in more cosmopolitan and downtown stores", implying that Kroger is intending to use it alongside their existing decor packages. I'll be interested in seeing what actually happens, however...
storewanderer

Re: Main and Vine-derived decor coming to QFC

Post by storewanderer »

This is a good development. Also happy to see a new QFC. When was the last time that happened? Is it a brand new store or a replacement for an existing store?
nwretail
Cart Collector
Cart Collector

Post by nwretail »

Just a replacement for the existing Kirkland QFC, as part of the redevelopment of the shopping center it's in. That store still has the pre-Kroger wood decor package, which might even be original to the store.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

The Parkplace QFC location seems to be a bit of an oddity in that it has avoided remodeling for quite a long time in anticipation of the store being replaced. The redevelopment of the Parkplace complex (to be renamed to Kirkland Urban) has been planned for years now (at least back to the early 2000s), but has spent much of that time tied up in NIMBY lawsuits (there seems to be a certain faction in Downtown Kirkland opposed to any and all development, which has blocked or delayed quite a few projects there) and even once that was resolved the economic downturn of 2007 put plans on hold for a number of years as well.

As for the decor, I'll have to see it once it goes in, but the most recent Kroger-derived decor package has seemed like a step down from the Fresh Fare package (which still exists in quite a few stores.) so this can't be any worse.