Albertsons LLC Decor on the way out?

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
rwsandiego
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Albertsons LLC Decor on the way out?

Post by rwsandiego » November 11th, 2017, 2:42 pm

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how this decor package is a hybrid of Lifestyle. Yes, it uses a cream color on the walls, but that's where the resemblance ends for me. As someone pointed out, Albertson's used a similar color, signage, and font on several Jewel remodels prior to Cerberus's acquisition of Safeway.

storewanderer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by storewanderer » November 11th, 2017, 11:46 pm

Looking at it more closely, the aisle signs and specifically the slides on the aisle signs look straight out of lifestyle. The checkstand lights also look straight out of lifestyle.

And the lighting to some extent...

pseudo3d
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by pseudo3d » November 12th, 2017, 7:03 am

storewanderer wrote:
November 11th, 2017, 11:46 pm
Looking at it more closely, the aisle signs and specifically the slides on the aisle signs look straight out of lifestyle. The checkstand lights also look straight out of lifestyle.

The aisle signs were definitely a touch of Lifestyle I noticed. The script lettering "Welcome to Your Neighborhood [store]" in front was the font used on a lot of the Brown Lifestyle/Color Lifestyle stores.

architect
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by architect » November 12th, 2017, 1:40 pm

pseudo3d wrote:
November 12th, 2017, 7:03 am
storewanderer wrote:
November 11th, 2017, 11:46 pm

The aisle signs were definitely a touch of Lifestyle I noticed. The script lettering "Welcome to Your Neighborhood [store]" in front was the font used on a lot of the Brown Lifestyle/Color Lifestyle stores.
Both the aisle signs and checkout markers are new, but they definitely bear a resemblance to Lifestyle. The lighting used here is LED strips which have also been used in several Jewel-Osco stores and at least one Tom Thumb in Fort Worth. They will likely be rolled out chainwide as stores are renovated over the next few years.