Albertsons LLC Decor on the way out?

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
rwsandiego
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 313
Joined: April 3rd, 2016, 10:57 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Albertsons LLC Decor on the way out?

Post by rwsandiego » November 11th, 2017, 2:42 pm

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how this decor package is a hybrid of Lifestyle. Yes, it uses a cream color on the walls, but that's where the resemblance ends for me. As someone pointed out, Albertson's used a similar color, signage, and font on several Jewel remodels prior to Cerberus's acquisition of Safeway.

storewanderer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3020
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 3:54 pm
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Albertsons LLC Decor on the way out?

Post by storewanderer » November 11th, 2017, 11:46 pm

Looking at it more closely, the aisle signs and specifically the slides on the aisle signs look straight out of lifestyle. The checkstand lights also look straight out of lifestyle.

And the lighting to some extent...

pseudo3d
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts: 2251
Joined: November 12th, 2015, 7:01 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Albertsons LLC Decor on the way out?

Post by pseudo3d » November 12th, 2017, 7:03 am

storewanderer wrote:
November 11th, 2017, 11:46 pm
Looking at it more closely, the aisle signs and specifically the slides on the aisle signs look straight out of lifestyle. The checkstand lights also look straight out of lifestyle.

And the lighting to some extent...
The aisle signs were definitely a touch of Lifestyle I noticed. The script lettering "Welcome to Your Neighborhood [store]" in front was the font used on a lot of the Brown Lifestyle/Color Lifestyle stores.

architect
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts: 633
Joined: December 8th, 2015, 3:41 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Albertsons LLC Decor on the way out?

Post by architect » November 12th, 2017, 1:40 pm

pseudo3d wrote:
November 12th, 2017, 7:03 am
storewanderer wrote:
November 11th, 2017, 11:46 pm
Looking at it more closely, the aisle signs and specifically the slides on the aisle signs look straight out of lifestyle. The checkstand lights also look straight out of lifestyle.

And the lighting to some extent...
The aisle signs were definitely a touch of Lifestyle I noticed. The script lettering "Welcome to Your Neighborhood [store]" in front was the font used on a lot of the Brown Lifestyle/Color Lifestyle stores.
Both the aisle signs and checkout markers are new, but they definitely bear a resemblance to Lifestyle. The lighting used here is LED strips which have also been used in several Jewel-Osco stores and at least one Tom Thumb in Fort Worth. They will likely be rolled out chainwide as stores are renovated over the next few years.

rwsandiego
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 313
Joined: April 3rd, 2016, 10:57 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Albertsons LLC Decor on the way out?

Post by rwsandiego » November 20th, 2017, 10:46 pm

Sorry, guys - still see little resemblance to Lifestyle. I'm putting together a little photo essay to show what I mean.

klkla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts: 895
Joined: February 24th, 2009, 3:26 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Albertsons LLC Decor on the way out?

Post by klkla » November 21st, 2017, 3:31 pm

rwsandiego wrote:
November 20th, 2017, 10:46 pm
Sorry, guys - still see little resemblance to Lifestyle. I'm putting together a little photo essay to show what I mean.
There are just a few similarities:
1 - The design of some of the produce bins (but with a different finish)
2 - The color of some of the walls
3 - Aisle markers

Those were the only items that reminded me of the Lifestyle design.

architect
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts: 633
Joined: December 8th, 2015, 3:41 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Albertsons LLC Decor on the way out?

Post by architect » December 4th, 2017, 5:09 pm

wnetmacman wrote:
October 14th, 2017, 10:02 am
klkla wrote:
October 14th, 2017, 9:47 am
What are they replacing it with?
The remodel isn't far enough along to know. Right now they've just spackled over the old wall signage and started priming and reworking drywall.
Wnetmacman, any indication of what decor package is being used in these remodels yet?

User avatar
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 639
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 2:36 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Albertsons LLC Decor on the way out?

Post by wnetmacman » December 4th, 2017, 5:40 pm

architect wrote:
December 4th, 2017, 5:09 pm
Wnetmacman, any indication of what decor package is being used in these remodels yet?
No. They appear to still be spackling and priming the walls.

Post Reply