Kroger partners with Alibaba to sell Simple Truth Products in China

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Kroger partners with Alibaba to sell Simple Truth Products in China

Post by storewanderer »

Well, another interesting move for Kroger. I actually think this one is a good move. Unlike most of the other things they have been doing the past couple years.

It will be interesting to see how successful this initiative is and how much they actually need to sell in order for this to be successful.

I'd like to see this expand to other Kroger products as well. I have seen Supervalu products on shelves in some chain grocery stores in Hong Kong (Essential Everyday items).
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Kroger partners with Alibaba to sell Simple Truth Products in China

Post by Brian Lutz »

I assume this is imported product from the US? I know that at least in some product categories there is still significant distrust in locally produced products following food safety scandals (such as the adulterated baby formula from 2008) so it makes sense to bring in imported products.
Wixom

Re: Kroger partners with Alibaba to sell Simple Truth Products in China

Post by Wixom »

This is big. China is a huge market, no secret there. I think Alibaba is the right way for Kroger to get a foothold in that market.
Here are top quality cpap machines to choose from.