Kroger Signature store outside of Texas/Arizona regions in Noblesville, IN

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
architect
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Kroger Signature store outside of Texas/Arizona regions in Noblesville, IN

Post by architect »

Earlier today, I was browsing around online and found an article about a Kroger in Noblesville, IN which is potentially moving to a new Marketplace location. Upon further research, it appears that the current store is branded as a Kroger Signature store, down to the same fonttype as the Texas Signature stores. Does anyone know the story behind this location? Could this store have been a pilot for the Signature format outside of the Texas and Arizona markets?
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Kroger Signature store outside of Texas/Arizona regions in Noblesville, IN

Post by wnetmacman »

The only two Krogers I can find in Noblesville on Google Maps do not have the signature signage. There is an older store near downtown (172 Logan St) that is an older store (90's) and one near the southwest part of town (14800 Hazel Dell Crossing) which is newer, but not branded Signature.

I'm fairly certain that's a Texas thing.
architect
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by architect »

wnetmacman wrote:The only two Krogers I can find in Noblesville on Google Maps do not have the signature signage. There is an older store near downtown (172 Logan St) that is an older store (90's) and one near the southwest part of town (14800 Hazel Dell Crossing) which is newer, but not branded Signature.

I'm fairly certain that's a Texas thing.
Look a little bit more closely, there is actually Signature signage on the Hazel Dell Crossing store, directly underneath the Kroger logo. Unlike most of the Texas Signature stores (which often have the signage over an entirely separate entrance from the Kroger signage), this signage is much more discrete. I am not sure if there are any other store features which make this location stand out. In Texas, the Signature branding has becoming watered down after being used on many marginal locations, and really doesn't mean anything anymore.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

There was a Ralphs Signature in Downtown San Diego (think it had Fresh Fare decor). Oddly it is now just a plain Ralphs and has standard Kroger decor. Very high volume store with a strong perimeter.