Albertsons LLC Decor on the way out?

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Albertsons LLC Decor on the way out?

Post by rwsandiego »

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how this decor package is a hybrid of Lifestyle. Yes, it uses a cream color on the walls, but that's where the resemblance ends for me. As someone pointed out, Albertson's used a similar color, signage, and font on several Jewel remodels prior to Cerberus's acquisition of Safeway.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Looking at it more closely, the aisle signs and specifically the slides on the aisle signs look straight out of lifestyle. The checkstand lights also look straight out of lifestyle.

And the lighting to some extent...
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

storewanderer wrote: November 11th, 2017, 11:46 pm Looking at it more closely, the aisle signs and specifically the slides on the aisle signs look straight out of lifestyle. The checkstand lights also look straight out of lifestyle.

The aisle signs were definitely a touch of Lifestyle I noticed. The script lettering "Welcome to Your Neighborhood [store]" in front was the font used on a lot of the Brown Lifestyle/Color Lifestyle stores.
architect
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by architect »

pseudo3d wrote: November 12th, 2017, 7:03 am
storewanderer wrote: November 11th, 2017, 11:46 pm Looking at it more closely, the aisle signs and specifically the slides on the aisle signs look straight out of lifestyle. The checkstand lights also look straight out of lifestyle.

The aisle signs were definitely a touch of Lifestyle I noticed. The script lettering "Welcome to Your Neighborhood [store]" in front was the font used on a lot of the Brown Lifestyle/Color Lifestyle stores.
Both the aisle signs and checkout markers are new, but they definitely bear a resemblance to Lifestyle. The lighting used here is LED strips which have also been used in several Jewel-Osco stores and at least one Tom Thumb in Fort Worth. They will likely be rolled out chainwide as stores are renovated over the next few years.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

Sorry, guys - still see little resemblance to Lifestyle. I'm putting together a little photo essay to show what I mean.
klkla

Post by klkla »

rwsandiego wrote: November 20th, 2017, 10:46 pm Sorry, guys - still see little resemblance to Lifestyle. I'm putting together a little photo essay to show what I mean.
There are just a few similarities:
1 - The design of some of the produce bins (but with a different finish)
2 - The color of some of the walls
3 - Aisle markers

Those were the only items that reminded me of the Lifestyle design.
architect
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by architect »

wnetmacman wrote: October 14th, 2017, 10:02 am
klkla wrote: October 14th, 2017, 9:47 am What are they replacing it with?
The remodel isn't far enough along to know. Right now they've just spackled over the old wall signage and started priming and reworking drywall.
Wnetmacman, any indication of what decor package is being used in these remodels yet?
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wnetmacman »

architect wrote: December 4th, 2017, 5:09 pm Wnetmacman, any indication of what decor package is being used in these remodels yet?
No. They appear to still be spackling and priming the walls.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I went back to Elko, NV this week which still has an Albertsons run out of Intermountain. I was surprised how busy the store was but it was well stocked and well staffed and aside from produce the fresh departments all looked excellent. Much busier than the Elko Raleys (which is a nice store that got a major remodel/downsizing a few years ago but business today was really slow- and other stores there were all extremely busy) and a little less busy than Smiths. The Smiths is very run down inside and I am surprised it has not been remodeled in the past few years as it is a busy (offramp) and well located store. This is another spot where I think a Marketplace Store would do very well.

This Elko Albertsons store was a sorry place in the SVU days and looked less than one step from death. Busted sign out front and completely run down blue-gray interior inside back then.

The LLC did a complete but pretty generic remodel on the store about 5 years ago into the LLC decor and installed a very neutral white floor throughout and cleaned up some of the fresh departments with new refrigeration.

I guess late last year, another remodel was done to this store. The exterior was sort of re-done but very minimal changes, but new signage. The LLC decor remains on the walls. They installed a wood-like floor throughout the store. They added a Starbucks in what was previously the video rental area. They added a Drive Up and Go, and they brought back the self checkout which LLC took away (I think adding self checkout and adding a wing bar was the only capex this store saw under Supervalu). They also added a sushi counter in the deli. Bakery seemed to have been expanded as well, additional cakes and a larger self serve area (not really running fully with the virus, but had various options single packaged).

But I am really curious if this is common in remodels where they essentially remodel the store but do not touch the wall decor and keep that LLC wall decor up? I am surprised they didn't switch it out for some other decor. The store looks very good, better than it ever has in my previous visits, and was busier than I have ever seen it. So what they are doing appears to be working.

This almost seems opposite to some of their remodels I've seen of Safeway Stores where they re-do the walls but keep all the old flooring.
klkla

Post by klkla »

storewanderer wrote: May 1st, 2020, 10:43 pm I went back to Elko, NV this week which still has an Albertsons run out of Intermountain. I was surprised how busy the store was but it was well stocked and well staffed and aside from produce the fresh departments all looked excellent.
Does Albertson's benefit from being the only store on the North side of the city?

Also, was that Roy's Market a Mayfair Market originally? It has the exact same floor that Mayfair used in their stores from 1980 to the end. It looks like a Mayfair from the outside, as well.