Albertsons Companies Rolls Out Apple Pay

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Albertsons Companies Rolls Out Apple Pay

Post by rwsandiego »

Well, the article was wrong - Safeway has not implemented Apple Pay at its Tempe location and I suspect it hasn;t implemented it elsewhere in Phoenix. Sorry to have led everyone astray.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Try a different register.

I've been using it in at least a dozen NorCal Stores the past few weeks with only two issues.

1. Does not work on newer IBM Self Checkout
2. At one location, it does not work on Register 4. But it works on at least 3 other registers in that particular store that I've used.

Item 2 is either an odd software glitch or a problem with that pinpad.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

storewanderer wrote: November 7th, 2017, 1:13 pm Try a different register.

I've been using it in at least a dozen NorCal Stores the past few weeks with only two issues.

1. Does not work on newer IBM Self Checkout
2. At one location, it does not work on Register 4. But it works on at least 3 other registers in that particular store that I've used.

Item 2 is either an odd software glitch or a problem with that pinpad.
The Tempe store didn't offer it at the pharmacy, or either of the checkouts I used. They don't have a self-checkout, so can't try it there. I might head over to the McDowell store this evening. If I do, I'll see if it has been deployed.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

It is a bit cryptic, because on top of the pinpad, at the very top center, a tiny four dots graphic shows up. It disappears when the enter club card phone number prompt comes up, then comes back again once you enter the club card phone number.

I have not yet figured out if the system will accept a tap while the cashier is still scanning items or if the cashier has to have totaled for it to accept a tap (like McDonalds where you can swipe/insert at any time but you cannot tap until the cashier has pressed card tender and the screen message changes to "swipe/tap/insert" graphics).

I came across two new places today that appeared to now accept Tap (neither did before). I had two failed attempts tonight at those two merchants (non grocery), one, despite the screen saying "tap" it did not respond, the second, when I tapped, it processed then declined, yet physical Chip card worked fine.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I tried paying with Android Pay at several stores and it has worked only at some pin pads. I don't know what the problem is, but only some pin pads seem to be set up even at the same store. There are even signs on the pin pads advertising Apple and Android Pay.

I have had consistent success at Raley's, Lucky, and FoodMaxx who have had pay by phone for a long time.