Kroger is music radio's 17th largest ad spender

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Kroger is music radio's 17th largest ad spender

Post by SamSpade »

No other food n' drug retailers listed:
https://radioink.com/2018/04/05/radios- ... 2017-were/
pseudo3d

Re: Kroger is music radio's 17th largest ad spender

Post by pseudo3d »

SamSpade wrote: April 16th, 2018, 11:06 pm No other food n' drug retailers listed:
That's odd for those choices. Listed included Comcast Xfinity, which I guess is only in those markets, but here in Houston, as far as food and drug goes, I've heard Kroger (I think for Houston as well as College Station, but only around the holidays), Spec's Liquor, Randalls (but not in a few years--wouldn't be surprised if Albertsons has been cutting advertising), and occasionally I get Circle K (Corner Store conversion, though the stores are still Corner Store on the outside).
architect
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Kroger is music radio's 17th largest ad spender

Post by architect »

pseudo3d wrote: April 17th, 2018, 7:18 pm
SamSpade wrote: April 16th, 2018, 11:06 pm No other food n' drug retailers listed:
That's odd for those choices. Listed included Comcast Xfinity, which I guess is only in those markets, but here in Houston, as far as food and drug goes, I've heard Kroger (I think for Houston as well as College Station, but only around the holidays), Spec's Liquor, Randalls (but not in a few years--wouldn't be surprised if Albertsons has been cutting advertising), and occasionally I get Circle K (Corner Store conversion, though the stores are still Corner Store on the outside).
In DFW, Kroger is probably the most consistently advertised grocer over radio, with weekly specials frequently being advertised. Tom Thumb and Albertsons also run ad campaigns, but theirs' seem to come and go every month or two, typically revolving around some extended promotion. For example, they are currently doing a decent amount of advertising for Monopoly. Some of their DFW ads are combined (particularly with their pharmacies or Cowboys promotions), while others advertise the brands separately. Overall, Kroger's advertising is actually quite informative and useful locally, while the Albertsons/Tom Thumb ads are more annoying due to the fact that they tend to repeat over weeks/months and often do not feature actual sale items/prices.

The last time I heard a Randalls ad over the radio, it was in Austin about a year ago. I have not heard one over many trips to Houston over the past several years.