"America's favorite grocer" is...

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

"America's favorite grocer" is...

Post by SamSpade »

Wegmans. Again. 3 years running.
https://people.com/food/americas-favori ... tore-2018/

Safeway & Walmart are the bottom two. :-\
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: "America's favorite grocer" is...

Post by rwsandiego »

SamSpade wrote: June 15th, 2018, 8:31 pm Wegmans. Again. 3 years running.
https://people.com/food/americas-favori ... tore-2018/

Safeway & Walmart are the bottom two. :-\
I take that with a grain of artisan sea salt given that Wegman's has 96 stores in six states. That's hardly "America."
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I am not surprised Safeway and Wal Mart rank lowest. Wal Mart has terrible fresh departments and many locations have issues with being disorganized and having slow checkout. Safeway has terrible pricing, really mixed execution on fresh departments (they're very superior if done right, but it is so often not the case), and a generally poor checkout experience. Frankly, I'd put a well executed Safeway's perimeter up against Publix any day because a well executed Safeway perimeter has more variety and better quality products... but those well executed and well stocked Safeway perimeters are few and far between. I think the other problem is there are other people like me who remember the Safeway of the late 90's and early 00's with well executed stores, fair prices, and "superior service" and going into one of these sloppy, overpriced, understaffed Safeways of today (and the past 5-10 years for that matter) gives me a WTF feeling.
Super S

Post by Super S »

Walmart...you get what you pay for. Safeway...proves that the experience is not worth the high prices and gimmicks.