Safeway limiting produce offerings?

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
lola42
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Re: Safeway limiting produce offerings?

Post by lola42 »

My experience has been different from the many comments in this forum. I have not seen Safeway limit produce offerings. In fact, I've found their quality consistently higher than Sprouts and their pricing still less than Whole Foods (except for fresh cut, which appears to have gone up quite a bit lately).
storewanderer

Re: Safeway limiting produce offerings?

Post by storewanderer »

lola42 wrote: July 28th, 2018, 10:55 am My experience has been different from the many comments in this forum. I have not seen Safeway limit produce offerings. In fact, I've found their quality consistently higher than Sprouts and their pricing still less than Whole Foods (except for fresh cut, which appears to have gone up quite a bit lately).
Safeway does not limit produce offerings in NorCal. They have a full mix of Asian vegetables in places like Fallon, NV (not going to sell much of that there). All locations seem to be required to carry the full set of items at all times regardless of what sells and what doesn't, a situation that has both positive and negative consequences.

Go to a Phoenix, Denver, Portland, or Seattle division lower volume store and you will see a much different picture...