Sprouts

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Sprouts

Post by veteran+ »

submariner wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 7:54 pm Honestly? I'd love to shop more at Sprouts or TJ's, but I'm located in a dead zone for either 🤷‍♂️ (Use Disneyland as a point of reference to where I am)

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 7.55.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 7.56.11 PM.png
Wondering if that has more to do with Disney's influence on what gets built in the area.
submariner
Founder of RetailWatchers.com

Post by submariner »

storewanderer wrote:
submariner wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 7:54 pm Honestly? I'd love to shop more at Sprouts or TJ's, but I'm located in a dead zone for either [emoji2369] (Use Disneyland as a point of reference to where I am)

That is a very odd empty zone... we've seen some retail close around there over the years too haven't we? Then it fills back up pretty quickly. I am surprised neither have found a suitable location, especially Sprouts.
I’m pretty sure it’s demographics. There’s still a very large ethnic block in the area. When the Cypress Ralphs closed a few years ago, there was rumor that Sprouts would move in, but it never materialized. The Ralphs at Chapman and Euclid is my go-to store, and that has always been clean, well stocked and well updated. The Vons at Chapman and Haster though has been decently clean, but it suffers from being an incredibly small store (by modern standards) and they haven’t put a lot of money into their remodels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
submariner

Post by submariner »

veteran+ wrote:
submariner wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 7:54 pm Honestly? I'd love to shop more at Sprouts or TJ's, but I'm located in a dead zone for either [emoji2369] (Use Disneyland as a point of reference to where I am)

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 7.55.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 7.56.11 PM.png
Wondering if that has more to do with Disney's influence on what gets built in the area.
I don’t think so. Disney would probably like to see more upscale grocery, I’m sure... but they’re more focused on visitors that bring in the tourist cash than residents. I’m more surprised there’s almost no commercial retail moving into the Platinum Triangle area near the stadiums, with the massive amount of apartment blocks being built there right now...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

The “Disney Target” is still open nearby?
submariner

Post by submariner »

jamcool wrote:The “Disney Target” is still open nearby?
Yes, and recently remodeled last year!

Though I fear I started a diversion. Back to the original topic,

I do like sprouts. I think their produce is better than average and I would want to shop there more often as a produce market. However I feel that they’re not my first choice in grocery because they’re not really positioned as a mainline grocer. I’d say I’d probably get my staples from a traditional store like Ralphs or Vons, but if I needed specific ingredients for a meal I’m cooking; Sprouts would likely be a preferred destination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J-Man
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Post by J-Man »

I haven't been into my local Sprouts (Monrovia, CA) since the pandemic (because I still don't go into stores), but I always found it to be well-stocked and with friendly employees who were always willing to help you if you needed to locate somethings. And they had great sales on things like produce and seafood. The double-ad Wednesday policy was also great. That said, I'm not an "organic" shopper, so I would never be able to do all of my shopping in a place like that.
architect
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by architect »

Over the past few months, I have noticed little outside of the norm for the DFW Sprouts stores (after visiting several locations). For reference, the norm here is generally fresh but occasionally out of stock produce, mid-range pricing for center store items (more expensive than Walmart or Kroger but far cheaper than Whole Foods and a bit cheaper than Tom Thumb/Albertsons), and somewhat indifferent staff. Waits to checkout are fairly common here, both prior to and during COVID-19.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Good to know that overall the chain seems to be going along as it always has- hoping the situation with my local store will improve.