Kroger To Offer Coronavirus Antibody Tests

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
Alpha8472

Kroger To Offer Coronavirus Antibody Tests

Post by Alpha8472 »

Kroger will start offering coronavirus antibody tests with results in 15 minutes at their pharmacies by the end of November. This will cost only $25. This is a bargain compared to Quest Diagnostics' $128.30 fee. The antibody test shows that you had the infection in the past. It does not diagnosis current illness.

This test perhaps is something that will draw people to Kroger stores from far and wide. In fact, it is such a bargain that I am contemplating a road trip down to Southern California. The tests are available now at Ralphs in California and Kroger in Michigan.

Is this something that will draw business to Kroger stores over other stores? Or is it a way to get people to discover Kroger pharmacies?

https://www.supermarketnews.com/health- ... pharmacies
storewanderer

Re: Kroger To Offer Coronavirus Antibody Tests

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: October 29th, 2020, 2:08 am Kroger will start offering coronavirus antibody tests with results in 15 minutes at their pharmacies by the end of November. This will cost only $25. This is a bargain compared to Quest Diagnostics' $128.30 fee. The antibody test shows that you had the infection in the past. It does not diagnosis current illness.

This test perhaps is something that will draw people to Kroger stores from far and wide. In fact, it is such a bargain that I am contemplating a road trip down to Southern California. The tests are available now at Ralphs in California and Kroger in Michigan.

Is this something that will draw business to Kroger stores over other stores? Or is it a way to get people to discover Kroger pharmacies?

https://www.supermarketnews.com/health- ... pharmacies
I wonder why it is only available at the CA/MI Stores now? I guess it will be at Smiths within the next few weeks.

A lot of people are very interested in getting an Antibody test. I would fall into that group.