Halloween Sell Through

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
Alpha8472

Re: Halloween Sell Through

Post by Alpha8472 »

Walmart has a ton of unsold Halloween merchandise. It takes up about 2 whole rows. The costumes did not seem to sell well. The Christmas merchandise is already on display where most of the Halloween merchandise was yesterday.
Last edited by Alpha8472 on November 1st, 2020, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

The two Carson City Wal Marts have very little Halloween left (like, less than an aisle). I was very surprised. They did pull a ton of candy out which was not in Halloween packaging and appears to scan full price.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Candy in the big bags with Halloween decoration scans at 50%. The candy that is not in the big Halloween bags, scans at regular price.

Spirit Halloween was sold out of most merchandise such as animatronic monsters, fog machines, and decor. Everything is 50% off. Costumes and props were still in large supply. They are open for 2 days after Halloween this year. They close at 8 PM. They really are trying to sell more of the remaining merchandise.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I went into the Carson City Target and it had quite a bit of Halloween left- maybe 40% sell through. Candy 30% off clearance and non food 50% off clearance. Two full aisles and some wall space with costumes left but they were kind of spread out, not exactly stuffed on the racks. Candy was spread out among 3 aisles but could have probably been condensed down into one aisle.
TW-Upstate NY
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by TW-Upstate NY »

Was in a local Wal-Mart Thursday morning and they were already dismantling the Halloween merchandise display and this was two days before the actual day itself. And I think I mentioned previously the local Target probably had more costumes for pets than they did for people.
Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Bagels »

It's two weeks following Halloween, and there's tons of candy marked down 75% - 90% -- including the huge bags -- at various stores near me. One Albertsons had several shopping carts full of those huge bags of Child's Play candy on manager's special for 99c.

Well wrapped candy stays fresh for a year, so it's a good opportunity to get a head start on 2021 ;).
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Bagels wrote: November 15th, 2020, 3:24 pm It's two weeks following Halloween, and there's tons of candy marked down 75% - 90% -- including the huge bags -- at various stores near me. One Albertsons had several shopping carts full of those huge bags of Child's Play candy on manager's special for 99c.

Well wrapped candy stays fresh for a year, so it's a good opportunity to get a head start on 2021 ;).
Supposedly chocolate freezes well. Though I do not plan to test that out. Also check those big bags of candy with multiple types in the bag. The date stamped on the outer bag is of the most recent to expire candy. But if you look at the candy in the bag each has a date. For instance one bag I have has Almond Joy expiring January 2021 but then the Reeses and Kit Kat in that same bag do not expire until like June 2021.

Plus there is the upcoming Christmas Candy clearance, followed by the Valentine's Candy clearance, followed by the Easter candy clearance.