Integration of Albertsons and Safeway

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
klkla

Re: Integration of Albertsons and Safeway

Post by klkla »

SoCalShopper1023 wrote: January 11th, 2019, 5:43 pm I was reading some Yelp reviews on the Albertsons located on Hillhurst and Ambrose (Los Angeles). It looks like this store recently got a major remodel. After doing some research trying to figure out what decor package it received, it seems like it got the 'Florida Decor' package. I couldn't find any recent pictures on Yelp or Google, but I was able to get a few glimpses of the inside using the location search feature on Instagram.

I don't think I've seen an Albertsons bannered store getting this interior package before (at least not in Southern California).
I'll stop by there in the next week or so and take some pics. It had the Fresh & Premium package form the SuperValu days as recently as two months ago.
storewanderer

Re: Integration of Albertsons and Safeway

Post by storewanderer »

I don't usually comment much on personnel changes but I noticed today that the last of the old Safeway division presidents (Lori Reya) who was Vons president under Safeway, then became president of Southwest under Albertsons, has taken a position at Nash Finch or Spartan Nash or whatever they are called now.