Boise Marina Rite Aid remodel

Super S

Boise Marina Rite Aid remodel

Post by Super S »

A friend of mine just told me that Rite Aid just did a big remodel to the former Marina Safeway at 16th & State Street in Boise. I understand that it has new signage, and they have installed a drop ceiling. However, apparently the outside was untouched. It is also a 24 hour store now so it must be a profitable store for them. I do find it interesting that Rite Aid is still investing in these older locations even though the possibility of a merger with Walgreens still exists.
architect
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Boise Marina Rite Aid remodel

Post by architect »

Super S wrote:A friend of mine just told me that Rite Aid just did a big remodel to the former Marina Safeway at 16th & State Street in Boise. I understand that it has new signage, and they have installed a drop ceiling. However, apparently the outside was untouched. It is also a 24 hour store now so it must be a profitable store for them. I do find it interesting that Rite Aid is still investing in these older locations even though the possibility of a merger with Walgreens still exists.
According to photos online, this renovation was completed at least prior to August 2015. Although I am sad that the Marina ceiling was covered, photos of the renovation actually look somewhat upscale.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by SamSpade »

A little off-topic, but was that store like a big "flipping the bird" to Albertsons by Safeway? I mean, right across from the original Joe Albertson store. . .
Super S

Post by Super S »

architect wrote:
Super S wrote:A friend of mine just told me that Rite Aid just did a big remodel to the former Marina Safeway at 16th & State Street in Boise. I understand that it has new signage, and they have installed a drop ceiling. However, apparently the outside was untouched. It is also a 24 hour store now so it must be a profitable store for them. I do find it interesting that Rite Aid is still investing in these older locations even though the possibility of a merger with Walgreens still exists.
According to photos online, this renovation was completed at least prior to August 2015. Although I am sad that the Marina ceiling was covered, photos of the renovation actually look somewhat upscale.
Wasn't aware it happened in 2015. I actually didn't see outside pictures until yesterday.