Albertsons/Rite Aid Merger is off: What's next

storewanderer

Re: Albertsons/Rite Aid Merger is off: What's next

Post by storewanderer »

I see now Rite Aid is looking at a reverse stock split in March due to the share price being below $1 and NYSE Rules.

Usually management would attempt to get the share price up in this kind of situation especially since it is already so close to $1...

I am trying to figure out if the management is working for the market short sellers or what...

Meanwhile the Rite Aid Stores I see in CA continue to be moving along just fine; clean, well stocked, friendly employees, good customer counts typically better than nearby CVS or Walgreens locations.
Super S

Post by Super S »

storewanderer wrote: January 26th, 2019, 12:31 am

Meanwhile the Rite Aid Stores I see in CA continue to be moving along just fine; clean, well stocked, friendly employees, good customer counts typically better than nearby CVS or Walgreens locations.
I am seeing the same thing in WA/OR. In all honesty, the Rite Aid stores I have been in have looked better than they have in years especially after they started a push to remodel.

Meanwhile, the local Walgreens is starting to fall into disrepair with wear spots on the floors and counters, and a store that is stocked well enough but is poorly staffed, something I have noticed at other Walgreens stores as of late.
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by arizonaguy »

Super S wrote: January 26th, 2019, 7:34 am
storewanderer wrote: January 26th, 2019, 12:31 am

I am seeing the same thing in WA/OR. In all honesty, the Rite Aid stores I have been in have looked better than they have in years especially after they started a push to remodel.

Meanwhile, the local Walgreens is starting to fall into disrepair with wear spots on the floors and counters, and a store that is stocked well enough but is poorly staffed, something I have noticed at other Walgreens stores as of late.
I've noticed the same thing about a number of Walgreens stores in my area, including my local store.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Rite Aid finally has a new CEO. Zero retail experience. Some digital health care experience. It will be interesting to see how this goes. The stock market's reaction has not been exactly excited.

Frankly, anything this new CEO can do that actually shows effort to maintain the company as a going concern should be a positive. Since the previous CEO seemed to be doing everything possible to just up and sell the company, and make the numbers look as bad as possible.

The lack of retail experience is somewhat concerning to me, but the pool of "experienced retail drug store executives" to hire from is a pretty small basically non-existant pool thanks to the mergers in the 90's of all the drugstore chains.