Rite Aid and Save-A-Lot Grocery Store Combo

storewanderer

Re: Rite Aid and Save-A-Lot Grocery Store Combo

Post by storewanderer »

With as few customers as I suspect these Rite Aids had, it won't take much to show some giant increases in sales.

This may really work well for some stores out here in the west.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

I guess it would depend a lot on the implementation. While it's true that a lot of the former Thrifty/Payless stores have a fair bit of underutilized space, most are also located right next to existing grocery stores, so they would have to compete directly on price in order to really make any difference.
Super S

Post by Super S »

Brian Lutz wrote:I guess it would depend a lot on the implementation. While it's true that a lot of the former Thrifty/Payless stores have a fair bit of underutilized space, most are also located right next to existing grocery stores, so they would have to compete directly on price in order to really make any difference.
There are also many former Thrifty/PayLess stores located in strip malls where the grocery store has since closed or moved on to a new location. These will be the best ones to implement this.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Rite Aid reports that their Save-A-Lot Combos are doing very well and that they are looking to expand their Save-A-Lot/Rite Aid combo stores to other locations.

I can't wait to see some of these stores come to California. These stores will be perfect for some of their huge former Payless sites.

http://supermarketnews.com/retail_finan ... save_1217/
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I found photos of a new Save-A-Lot/Rite Aid store. The store looks great! I was very surprised. They seem to have quite a bit of produce as well. It looks like a small scale grocery store now.

submariner
Founder of RetailWatchers.com
Founder of RetailWatchers.com

Post by submariner »

I wondered how the design would go... Wether it would look like a Rite Aid, a hybrid, or a Save a Lot. Looks like essentially a Save a Lot with a Rite-Aid pharmacy shoehorned in... much like most Albertsons Sav•on stores. I'd be inclined to call these simply grocery stores now versus a drugstore with groceries.
Super S

Post by Super S »

Any word on whether or not Rite Aid plans to expand this concept any further?