Walgreens New Decor

Alpha8472

Walgreens New Decor

Post by Alpha8472 »

Walgreens has yet another store decor. Many Walgreens stores are about to get fresh food/grocery sections in San Francisco. Walgreens hired someone who used to work for Fresh & Easy. Basically, Walgreens is trying to offer limited grab & go foods as well as fruits and vegetables. It might be a good idea in some city neighborhoods where there is a lack of grocery stores.

This new decor features stylish lamps and some bright colors on the walls. It is quite a change from Walgreens previous decor packages that featured plain white walls with limited color.
Lobby:

Fresh Food:

Deli:

Beauty:

New signs:

Also, I have noticed that Walgreens stores have recently placed doors over their previously open coolers. Apparently, they are now trying to conserve more energy.
Super S

Re: Walgreens New Decor

Post by Super S »

That looks like something that could be adapted to existing stores fairly easily. It looks ok, while at the same time, it still looks like a Walgreens and isn't likely to alienate any existing customers.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I visited a local Walgreens and the new decor has indeed been added.

They repainted the walls with new colors and put up new signs. Aside from the repainting and new signs, the store is otherwise unchanged. The floor is the same and everything else seems to be the same. It looks better than it used to, but the difference in appearance is minor. I do like the new colors. Previously, Walgreens seemed so stark and sterile with pure white walls.

I did see some plastic bags of apples on sale. Other than that, there were no salads or grab and go fresh foods.
Super S

Post by Super S »

Tonight, I happened to stumble across a brand new Walgreens located in Tumwater, Washington. Worth noting is that a former grocery store, Mega Foods, was completely demolished to build this location, and was in operation until about one year ago when Walgreens started construction.

Worth noting are a few building features I have not seen in any other Walgreens, at least in this area:

In the windows above the doors, the old Walgreens logo is not used. They simply put the W from the Walgreens logo up there, and it is a flashing W also. Not sure if I like that.

To the left of the doors as you walk in, where the cosmetics wall usually is, they have installed windows instead, and they go about 2/3 of the length of the wall, with the remaining third having shelf space. The store layout is otherwise typical.

The store has the current wall colors similar to what is being used as Walgreens remodels their stores in this area. However, two interior features are noteworthy...the store does not have a suspended ceiling and has the exposed, warehouse-style ceiling, with strips of fluorescent lights hanging lower. (The only Walgreens I have encountered with exposed ceilings are the former Hi-School Pharmacy locations in Vancouver, WA) And, this store has also ditched the traditional tile floors in favor of the polished concrete floors, which I am not a fan of.

I have a mixed impression of this store