Rite Aid To Add 3D Holographic Displays

Alpha8472

Rite Aid To Add 3D Holographic Displays

Post by Alpha8472 »

http://www.drugstorenews.com/article/ri ... c-displays

The Rite Aid Rewards Rewards Centers which are kiosks will have holographic displays capable of projecting images over 4 feet. You will not need glasses to see the 3D images.

I believe that these kiosks will be similar to the CVS kiosks where you can print out coupons after scanning your rewards card. The purpose of these kiosk is to attract attention and also to provide advertisement for products.
storewanderer

Re: Rite Aid To Add 3D Holographic Displays

Post by storewanderer »

When I think of a kiosk to scan a card and have coupons print, I think of the old Lucky Extra Rewards kiosks that were in the ASC Lucky Stores from 1998-1999... but those automatically loaded the cents off offers to your card so you did not have to have a physical coupon as CVS requires. The shopping list of your selected items/discount amounts printed rather than the coupon. I guess that was well ahead of its time.
Alpha8472

Re: Rite Aid To Add 3D Holographic Displays

Post by Alpha8472 »

Rite Aid is adding 200 more 3-D Rewards Center kiosks to its stores. These kiosks feature 3D screens which play 3D ads. There are also interactive touch screens where you can access coupons, rewards, product samples, and promotions.

These new kiosks look really interesting. I would use them for the coupons and free samples. The 3D videos look really cool.

After adding 200 kiosks to stores in New York and Los Angeles, more kiosks will be rolled out to other stores as well.

This is an older kiosk. The newer ones might be even better: