1st CVS/Pharmacy in Washington?

storewanderer

Re: 1st CVS/Pharmacy in Washington?

Post by storewanderer »

Super S I would suggest another look at Rite Aid vs. Walgreens pricing. Walgreens has made TONS of increases in the past six or so months and they are priced absurdly and outrageously high on all product categories... Rite Aid is nowhere near their pricing.
Super S

Post by Super S »

storewanderer wrote:Super S I would suggest another look at Rite Aid vs. Walgreens pricing. Walgreens has made TONS of increases in the past six or so months and they are priced absurdly and outrageously high on all product categories... Rite Aid is nowhere near their pricing.
I have never noticed that much of a difference in price between Rite Aid and Walgreens. I have found prices to be high across the board in both chains, unless you like to play the loyalty card games which reduce them to average. I usually shop elsewhere.

I also received a flyer in the mail this week advertising a grand re-opening of the Kelso Rite Aid store. I plan to check that out next time I am over there, as the last time I was in the store it still had the pink PayLess stripes on the walls, still had checkstands from Pay 'N Save, and still had brown flooring from the days as a Thrifty. It was tired looking. I am curious just how thorough this remodel was. Rite Aid can be hit or miss in that area, but they did do a very thorough remodel to the Longview store, which is the only building of the original Triangle mall that was not demolished when it was redeveloped into a strip mall.
marshd1000
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by marshd1000 »

I am wondering if there is actually truth to that article about CVS coming to the Seattle area. Today I heard a ad on KIRO FM for CVS being a place where diabetics can get supplies. But this ad was NOT during a network program. I know that Kohl's and Walmart did similar things, running ads in areas where they don't have stores as a way to get people familiar with their brand. So I am wondering if CVS is doing this here?
Super S

Post by Super S »

marshd1000 wrote:I am wondering if there is actually truth to that article about CVS coming to the Seattle area. Today I heard a ad on KIRO FM for CVS being a place where diabetics can get supplies. But this ad was NOT during a network program. I know that Kohl's and Walmart did similar things, running ads in areas where they don't have stores as a way to get people familiar with their brand. So I am wondering if CVS is doing this here?
One of our local music stations in Longview, which is locally-owned and does not air any national programming, occasionally has had ads for Kohl's, Petsmart, and a few other national chains which have no presence in this area. Rumors have swirled about a few of them opening here for about 5 or 6 years now. They also continue to air ads for Sears, which closed our local store in January. The ads I am told are sometimes part of a distant satellite feed when stations run on automation.
marshd1000
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by marshd1000 »

I was looking in the B-town Blog, which is news for the City of Burien, WA. Looks like there is truth to the rumor of CVS/Pharmacy wanting to locate in this Seattle suburb. The application has made it into city hands. Here is the article:

http://b-townblog.com/2013/07/16/planni ... e-corners/
bm10k

Post by bm10k »

Looks Like CVS is also planning to move into Seattle As well, the wallingford neighborhood to be exact

http://www.wallyhood.org/2012/12/cvs-tullys/
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

It might be a smaller specialty pharmacy.

Someone may wish to go tour 1001 Madison Street in Seattle, but I suspect hours are short.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

If you're referring to the CVS Caremark location there, I've been by there a couple of times. It's basically a prescription counter, nothing else (it's near all the hospitals on Pill Hill in Seattle.)
marshd1000
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by marshd1000 »

Well it will be interesting to see exactly the 1st CVS/Pharmacy in Washington will be built. But upon doing a Google search about CVS/Pharmacy openings in Washington, I found out that there is also a proposal to build one on the site of Kidd Valley Hamburgers in Seattle's Lower Queen Anne neighborhood. So now we know that Burien, Wallingford and Lower Queen Anne are being proposed to have CVS. Here is the link to the article:

http://www.queenanneview.com/2013/07/16 ... wednesday/
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by arizonaguy »

Alpha8472 wrote: I have also noticed that there is something about those CVS stores that really turns off customers. It is the carpeting. The ugly gray carpeting gets really dirty. It really soaks up the dust and mud. It just makes you feel like the store is dirty and dingy. CVS in my area is doing quite badly. The stores are empty most of the time. They used to be Longs Drugs stores, but after CVS remodeled them, the loyal customers of Longs all seemed to disappear. There is something really wrong with CVS' decor. The huge cardboard department signs in obnoxiously bright colors makes the entire store seem like a cheap low quality place. The ugly gray carpeting is so 70s. The CVS decor simply has no appeal. Nothing about the store makes me want to come back. The prices are high, the decor is cheap and ugly, and the customer service is non-existent. CVS has terrible staffing levels. There are no employees to help you find anything. The shelves are frequently empty because there are not enough employees to stock them. Everything about CVS shouts cheapskate company. It totally shows and the customers can feel it and choose to go elsewhere.
Interestingly enough, CVS has great exteriors (I believe that their exterior styling is on par, if not superior, to Walgreens). Their interiors, even in new stores, does look old and dirty. I agree that the carpeting has to go.