New Lenscrafters Inside Macy's

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
Alpha8472

New Lenscrafters Inside Macy's

Post by Alpha8472 »

The Macy's Women's store at Sunvalley Mall in Concord, California has recently opened a Lenscrafters Inside the store.

There is already a Lenscrafters Inside the mall down the hall a short distance away. I do not know if they will both remain. They seem like they are both operating normally for now. The format is more of an open layout. It invites people inside as there are no walls and is right next to the Macy's merchandise.

There is also an eye doctor as well.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: New Lenscrafters Inside Macy's

Post by rwsandiego »

Alpha8472 wrote:The Macy's Women's store at Sunvalley Mall in Concord, California has recently opened a Lenscrafters Inside the store.

There is already a Lenscrafters Inside the mall down the hall a short distance away. I do not know if they will both remain. They seem like they are both operating normally for now. The format is more of an open layout. It invites people inside as there are no walls and is right next to the Macy's merchandise.

There is also an eye doctor as well.
Back in the day, Carson's in Chicago had a similar setup, but it was branded as Carson's Optical despite being run by, I think, Sterling. Bought glasses there for years.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by SamSpade »

rwsandiego wrote: ... but it was branded as Carson's Optical despite being run by, I think, Sterling.
Sterling was more than just Standard Optical in Utah? Whoa!

JCPenney, Sears (previously?) and Target Optical are run by Luxottica or other large optical providers. I believe Luxottica owns Lenscrafters and Pearle Vision.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

SamSpade wrote:
rwsandiego wrote: ... but it was branded as Carson's Optical despite being run by, I think, Sterling.
Sterling was more than just Standard Optical in Utah? Whoa!

JCPenney, Sears (previously?) and Target Optical are run by Luxottica or other large optical providers. I believe Luxottica owns Lenscrafters and Pearle Vision.
Luxottica pretty much owns the entire optical store and glasses market...it's really sickening. http://www.luxottica.com/en/retail-brands. And even the chains not listed are probably getting their eyewear supplied by Luxottica in some form. I usually buy glasses at Costco as they are one of the few that run their own optical departments.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

A friend of mine works for a Wal-Mart Optical department. She said she is not a Wal-Mart employee, but works for an outside company. There are some Wal-Mart Optical departments that are run by Wal-Mart employees, it just depends on the individual store.

You can tell the difference by the color of the lab coats. White coats are Wal-Mart employees in Optical, but blue coats are non-Walmart employees.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

The prevalence of Luxottica-run optical centers is pretty astounding. For Eyes operates their own lab and tends to sell a variety of frames. Always had great experiences there. Costco is also very good, but the stores near me have a so-so frame selection.