Target announces a less confusing, lower price campaign

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Target announces a less confusing, lower price campaign

Post by mbz321 »

https://corporate.target.com/article/20 ... target-run

I speculate that Target is starting to tank.
BatteryMill
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Re: Target announces a less confusing, lower price campaign

Post by BatteryMill »

mbz321 wrote:https://corporate.target.com/article/20 ... target-run

I speculate that Target is starting to tank.
I hope not anyway, at least they aren't as catastrophically mismanaged as the Big K. But I guess they do have to make their ludicrous changes to sate today's young crowd in a strong way, such as these. I mean, what is Target even meaning by removing sale tags?

Not to mention that their corporate site linked to here is full of advertising from brands and other stuff that should belong somewhere else within the Target domain.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

So the way I read it, they are no longer going to use phrases like "price cut" or "as advertised" when they reduce a price, just "sale." And there will be fewer of these offers. But there will be lower everyday prices. But they aren't cutting out sales completely, they will still have sales on all of the items that you, me, and we love.

It all sounds like a whole lot of words that come together to mean nothing.

One thing I have noticed is they have cut the physical size of their signs/shelf tags by about half. I guess paper cost will be falling by 50% this summer.
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by arizonaguy »

storewanderer wrote:So the way I read it, they are no longer going to use phrases like "price cut" or "as advertised" when they reduce a price, just "sale." And there will be fewer of these offers. But there will be lower everyday prices. But they aren't cutting out sales completely, they will still have sales on all of the items that you, me, and we love.

It all sounds like a whole lot of words that come together to mean nothing.

One thing I have noticed is they have cut the physical size of their signs/shelf tags by about half. I guess paper cost will be falling by 50% this summer.
I actually think moving to a more everyday low pricing model can help Target. Walmart has moved back to this model and it seems to be working pretty well (Walmart actually looks far healthier now than it has in a long time). Its also the only strategy to compete against Amazon (which isn't always the best priced retailer).