Sears to stop selling Whirlpool

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Sears to stop selling Whirlpool

Post by mbz321 »

arizonaguy wrote: October 25th, 2017, 8:47 am
I recently went to the Store Closing sale at my local Kmart. The pricing wasn't any better than what I could find at a Walmart or Target closer to my house (even with the "sale" discounts).

Store closing liquidations are always this way. The merchandise gets purchased from a liquidation company (which sometimes brings in their own goods to sell as well, mainly unsold junk from other store liquidations), then they mark it up and slowly 'discount' it. It definitely brings people in, but most of the time unless you are shopping on the last few weeks of the liquidation, you are paying more than you can find the item for elsewhere.

I stopped in the lone Kmart in my area a few weeks ago and was actually pretty impressed with the prices. This of course is an oddball high volume store in a location with no competition, but there were some good deals to be had (example, 2 liters of Pepsi for 88 cents with no 'must buy' requirement. I haven't seen 2 liters priced like that in many years). A lot of the remaining Kmart's are actually still fairly profitable stores. I wish they would spin them off to someone who isn't destined to send them to the grave, but that seems less and less likely as time pesses.
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Sears to stop selling Whirlpool

Post by arizonaguy »

Another 45 Kmart and 18 Sears stores are scheduled to close by early January.