PDQ sells to Kwik Trip

storewanderer

PDQ sells to Kwik Trip

Post by storewanderer »

I see PDQ is finally going out of business and selling to Kwik Trip.

PDQ is down to stores mostly in WI now however they once stretched out to NV, FL, and CO as well.

There is still a store in Boulder, CO called PDQ but supposedly not owned as part of the main chain (it was still part of the chain a few years ago).

There is also one PDQ Store in Lake Tahoe, a holdover from the PDQ Nevada Division which was sold off in the early 90's. A strange store with no gas supplied by Unified Grocers. It does not have any PDQ programs that the stores in WI have or even have PDQ cups. A PDQ sign and PDQ employee aprons seem to be about all that they have. More of a de facto grocery store for an area that does not have any major stores.

Curiously the PDQ in Lake Tahoe is not included in the sale to Kwik Trip.
storewanderer

Re: PDQ sells to Kwik Trip

Post by storewanderer »

The PDQ at Lake Tahoe has closed and it appears it has been sold, but is closed temporarily.

https://www.facebook.com/PDQTahomaMarket/

Funny how this one lasted 25+ years after they closed the other Nevada Division stores (most of which were just standard gas station/c-stores) or sold them.

There is an additional "remaining" PDQ in Boulder, CO that is not on the chain's website, but it is still very much a PDQ (albeit a normal gas station/c-store/Subway), and not mentioned in this sale. PDQ pulled out of Colorado in the 90's also, except I guess that location. I wonder what happens to it.