Produce Clerk

Re: Toys R Us Could Seek Bankruptcy Protection to Deal With Its Crushing Debt

Post by lola42 »

Top "talent" are still getting their bonuses

https://www.chainstoreage.com/c-suite-1 ... objection/
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

These dollar amounts sound a little higher than I've seen for some other bankrupt retailers. I wonder if any of this filters down to the store managers and region/district managers.
reymann
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Post by reymann »

toys r us will close 180 stores and i think this could be the beginning of the end for the retailer. the fresno store on 3520 w shaw ave is among the ones closing.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

There are 2 Toys R Us stores in my area that are closing. They are the Emeryville and Pittsburg, California stores. I am shocked as Emeryville is a very busy shopping area. However, Emeryville has one of the highest minimum wages in the entire country. Pittsburg is a low income area so that closure is no surprise.

There is a brand new Toys R Us in Concord, California nearby that will remain open. It just opened a couple of months ago, replacing an old 70s era store in Pleasant Hill, California. That newly built store is huge and closing it down would be a waste of money.
J-Man
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Post by J-Man »

arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by arizonaguy »

I was in a closing Toys R Us about a week ago. The store closing pricing (as well as the pre-closing sale pricing) was ridiculous.

Walmart, Target, and online retailers are killing Toys R Us on price. It's not even close.

Unless they can get pricing under control, they really don't have much of a future.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

arizonaguy wrote: February 22nd, 2018, 8:57 pm I was in a closing Toys R Us about a week ago. The store closing pricing (as well as the pre-closing sale pricing) was ridiculous.

Walmart, Target, and online retailers are killing Toys R Us on price. It's not even close.

Unless they can get pricing under control, they really don't have much of a future.
I was in a Toys R Us over the holidays and was shocked with the terrible pricing. The store was also dirty, poorly maintained, and very hard to locate items in. This store is at least 30 years old and despite a lot of rearranging, new signs, etc., the old floors and ceilings are there and it smells like a Kmart inside.

Last month I was routed to a Babies R Us for a registry. Again, I was shocked with the terrible pricing. I used the registry to see what they wanted then walked over to the Wal Mart next door to buy comparable items at half the price. However, the store was clean, neat, and had a pleasant atmosphere. This store is maybe 15 years old.
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

storewanderer wrote: February 22nd, 2018, 11:03 pm
arizonaguy wrote: February 22nd, 2018, 8:57 pm I was in a closing Toys R Us about a week ago. The store closing pricing (as well as the pre-closing sale pricing) was ridiculous.

I was in a Toys R Us over the holidays and was shocked with the terrible pricing. The store was also dirty, poorly maintained, and very hard to locate items in. This store is at least 30 years old and despite a lot of rearranging, new signs, etc., the old floors and ceilings are there and it smells like a Kmart inside.

Last month I was routed to a Babies R Us for a registry. Again, I was shocked with the terrible pricing. I used the registry to see what they wanted then walked over to the Wal Mart next door to buy comparable items at half the price. However, the store was clean, neat, and had a pleasant atmosphere. This store is maybe 15 years old.
Toys R Us runs some very old stores, about 10 years I took some photos of what is possibly (now) the last candy-striped Toys R Us store in existence, in Waco, Texas. (The stripes were there as of 2015--link for Street View)
cathandler
Front-End Supervisor
Front-End Supervisor

Post by cathandler »

Looks like the UK division is about to go under
https://news.sky.com/story/3200-jobs-at ... r-11264021
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by arizonaguy »