Petsmart in trouble

arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Petsmart in trouble

Post by arizonaguy »

BillyGr wrote: April 28th, 2018, 8:25 am Seems that, perhaps they need a better way of putting the two together. Something involving eiher delivering those costly (heavy) items from the local stores (which could cut costs vs. shipping from a central location direct to homes) or even an order online and pick up at the stores option like other chains are doing?
Retailers really should integrate their online / brick and mortar infrastructure better. Walmart has really good online / brick and mortar integration and I've had good success with Target and Walgreen's ship to store options.

Other retailers like Costco and Petsmart seem lacking in this regard.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

arizonaguy wrote: April 28th, 2018, 8:28 am ... I buy cat litter at Target as they're the only retailer I know that sells reasonably priced, large, unscented cat litter. Cat litter bags I buy at Winco (which actually has a quite decent pet department).
Litter is the one thing I will buy at PetSmart. They often have Arm and Hammer Lightweight Unscented Clump and Seal buy one get one free or buy one get one half off. That stuff is virtually dust-free.
Super S

Post by Super S »

pseudo3d wrote: April 27th, 2018, 9:55 pm Part of PetSmart's appeal is one of the biggest problems it has--the ability to bring your dog (or I guess cats are fine too) into the store. This unfortunately causes the store to smell awful all the time, and make it inconvenient if you were browsing for toys or food.
This is something I have never noticed at Petsmart, or any pet store at all for that matter.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

I haven't ever noticed any significant problem with smell in the Petsmart we go to, although these days we mostly go because our cats to go the vet clinic there.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

rwsandiego wrote: April 28th, 2018, 10:43 pm
arizonaguy wrote: April 28th, 2018, 8:28 am ... I buy cat litter at Target as they're the only retailer I know that sells reasonably priced, large, unscented cat litter. Cat litter bags I buy at Winco (which actually has a quite decent pet department).
Litter is the one thing I will buy at PetSmart. They often have Arm and Hammer Lightweight Unscented Clump and Seal buy one get one free or buy one get one half off. That stuff is virtually dust-free.
World's Best Cat Litter is dust free... best deal tends to be Target on sale (when they do a $ off pet category) or Kroger on sale. Worst price is Safeway.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

storewanderer wrote: June 11th, 2018, 6:13 pm
rwsandiego wrote: April 28th, 2018, 10:43 pm
World's Best Cat Litter is dust free... best deal tends to be Target on sale (when they do a $ off pet category) or Kroger on sale. Worst price is Safeway.
I've never been fond of World's Best Cat Litter. However, Target is now carrying A&H Lightweight Unscented Clump and Seal and when they have it on sale the price is the same as or similar to PetSmart's sale.