Death of AM/PM

jamcool
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Death of AM/PM

Post by jamcool » July 14th, 2018, 5:42 pm

I suspect when/if Marathon takes over those company owned AM/PM sites in Phoenix (and the Giant sites in Tucson) will become the first Speedway stores in the West.

storewanderer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by storewanderer » July 14th, 2018, 11:23 pm

I am not sure any of those AM/PMs in Phoenix are company owned...

But they seem to be underperforming and lacking penetration so maybe they could be acquired easily. Giant is definitely strong outside Phoenix... Speedway will see a lot of stores in rural Arizona.

Brian Lutz
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post by Brian Lutz » August 20th, 2018, 9:47 am

I did see a new (still under construction) AM/PM location in Federal Way WA along Highway 99 a couple of weeks ago, Been a while since I've seen any other new ones though, aside from a few gas stations being rebranded to Arco and getting AM/PM locations in the process. There are a couple of former Arco stations in Redmond (no convenience store, too small) and Kirkland that have basically sat abandoned for years though (Here is the Redmond one, and the Kirkland one.) At some point they stuck a "New brand coming soon" banner on the Kirkland location but nothing ever happened, and it has sat abandoned for at least five years now.) I suspect the Redmond location will eventually be torn down and turned into apartments like everything else in Redmond, but so far it hasn't happened.