OSH Closing All Stores

cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: OSH Closing All Stores

Post by cjd »

I've noticed the older shopping center Walmarts were almost always carved into a Tractor Supply and some other tenant, at least around here.

This OSH looks nice, hopefully someone can move in without much work needed.
Super S

Re: OSH Closing All Stores

Post by Super S »

babs wrote: November 2nd, 2018, 10:29 am I think a fair number of OSH locations will end up being small format Target stores. It's the right size and they have some locations that would work for Target.

And since OSH is not in bankruptcy, Lowe's has must be motivated to get rid of the leases as soon as possible so there maybe some financial incentives.
One of the Portland locations just off highway 26 is in a spot that may sit empty for a while as it shares a strip mall with a vacant Albertsons that has been closed for several years, and a health club closed to make room for the OSH store. Most of the traffic in the strip mall is at the other end where a Rite Aid is still open.

I honestly do not think that OSH had much of an impact in the Portland area. These could look attractive for a small local chain called Parkrose Hardware though. They have been expanding their store base, recently adding two locations in Vancouver, WA (including one in a former Sports Authority that was a new build only open for a bout a year when the chain shut down)