Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Issues at Subway

Post by Super S » March 9th, 2019, 9:14 am

storewanderer wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 11:15 pm
Super S wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 9:14 am
A new thing I have noticed are Subway locations in Oregon and Washington closing earlier than their posted time with no explanation. Anywhere from 15 minutes to 1 1/2 hours early. These aren't the odd locations, some are in prime locations near main roads. I get when they might close early for weather etc. But the ones I have seen had no obvious reason for closing early. A store like Subway should still be open at 8:30 PM. Especially when the posted closing time is 10 PM.

The inconsistency of this chain really is out of hand.
So far this year in Reno/Sparks, Subway has closed some locations. I can think of 5 locations offhand that have closed since the beginning of the year. These locations are of at least 3 different franchisees.

There are a couple others that closed then reopened under new ownership.

I do notice they send coupons out in the mail every week or two now. But some locations do not honor the coupons (some of those have closed...).
I was actually talking about still-operating locations closing for the day earlier than their posted closing time with no explanation.

With that said, I have noticed a handful of locations closing with no replacement recently, and have to wonder if some of these locations disregarding their posted hours are on the edge.

Alpha8472
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Issues at Subway

Post by Alpha8472 » March 11th, 2019, 10:31 pm

I have had 4 Subways close near me and several were closing early also. The business model must be bad. Why stay open when no one comes to the restaurant?