Ordering kiosks at McDonald's

BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Ordering kiosks at McDonald's

Post by BillyGr »

rwsandiego wrote: March 13th, 2018, 7:50 pm Regarding their order kiosks, they are fairly easy to use, but for something routine like a soft drink you have to wait until your number is called, which seems rather silly.
Seems like this may be something that they just haven't been trained on (or picked up on) yet. In the regular format, they would just hand you the cup (empty or filled depending on their setup and what drink) after taking the order. With the kiosk system, whoever is doing the order filling just needs to be trained to keep an eye on the orders that pop up on their screens by the sandwich area and do those simple ones right away, rather than going completely in order by how they were placed.
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by babs »

BillyGr wrote: March 14th, 2018, 10:05 am
rwsandiego wrote: March 13th, 2018, 7:50 pm Regarding their order kiosks, they are fairly easy to use, but for something routine like a soft drink you have to wait until your number is called, which seems rather silly.
Seems like this may be something that they just haven't been trained on (or picked up on) yet. In the regular format, they would just hand you the cup (empty or filled depending on their setup and what drink) after taking the order. With the kiosk system, whoever is doing the order filling just needs to be trained to keep an eye on the orders that pop up on their screens by the sandwich area and do those simple ones right away, rather than going completely in order by how they were placed.
Several of the McDonald's I've been to have the cups right next to the kiosks so the customer can just take a cup.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I only saw self serve cups once, it was in San Francisco. I do not recall cups being self serve in Canada either where the kiosks have been a lot more common for a lot longer.

It is also interesting how the kiosks at some locations allow you to order a cup of ice water (the free one) and others don't.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

Both McD's here have them. There are no cups by them. I have used to kiosks twice, the first time they brought the food to the table. The second time I waited probably 5 minutes and no one showed up to the table. I went to the counter and my tray was sittiing there and they seemed all ticked that I hadn't come to get it. Why have numbers if they don't use them?
klkla

Post by klkla »

storewanderer wrote: March 14th, 2018, 10:36 pm I only saw self serve cups once, it was in San Francisco.
Some of the McDonalds here in Los Angeles have them. A lot of homeless people try to use them for free beverages and the cashiers can deactivate the fountain remotely when they see someone trying to do that.