Personnel Manager

Applebee's Plans to Close Up to 135 Restaurants

Post by J-Man »

BatteryMill
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Re: Applebee's Plans to Close Up to 135 Restaurants

Post by BatteryMill »

Not much of a surprise to me, I know two locations near me that have already closed.

Seems that these "microwave restaurants" (no offense to those who like some offerings from these brands) have really fallen from their 90s/2000s grace.
Super S

Post by Super S »

I never quite grasped what was so great about Applebees. Every single time I have been to one I have had bad service, bad food, or both. Once I tried the "carside to go" pick up service where they bring your food out....ended up going inside and they somehow "lost" my order so I went elsewhere. Once they seemed offended when I asked them to recook a steak that they overcooked to the point it looked like a solid hockey puck. But the final straw...One time I wanted to pay after the servers kept walking by for 10 minutes ignoring me and was told to go back to my table and wait...after 5 minutes I just walked out. Haven't been back to an Applebees since. I have had better food at Dennys.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

I've never seen the appeal of Applebees. Over the last ten years, I think the only times I've been to one have been when I had a gift card or when another place nearby was too crowded. For the same price range I'd much rather go somewhere like Red Robin.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I learned at a very young age Applebees was no good. I wondered why the chicken strips at Applebees were soggy and tasted microwaved, like two or three day old chicken at home that was reheated in the microwave. Well, it was because they were microwaved. When I was very young I actually took a look in the kitchen by deliberately getting lost on the way to the bathroom, and watched it happen.

Gig was up.

I have had to go back there a few times since I was a kid, and never liked it. Last time I went to one was at least 5 years ago in Klamath Falls with a co-worker and we were both so disgusted with our food, we left without eating most of it and ended up looking for more food elsewhere after. There will not be a next time.